Will looking better, being happy, and successful make my ex miss me?

Please no mean comments. We broke up because I had to move away and neither of us are willing to do long distance.

I am doing no contact for almost 3 months now. I miss him but I have no idea if he misses me. We are still friends on Facebook.

I lost a lot of weight (from 125 to 105 lbs). Everyone says I look stunning, hot, etc. it doesn't matter though because I'm still trying to get over my ex. He was the nicest guy I've ever dated.

I want him to miss me a bit too.

Will looking better, being happy and successful make my ex miss me?

• Yes, looking better and being happy + successful WILL make him miss you.
  • No, looking better and being happy + successful WON'T make him miss you.
  • See answer
Can you answer this too?

link

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was a mutual break up you wouldn't need to be concerned about whether having all that will make him miss you. He misses you either way it it was mutual

• I have a gut feeling he misses me too but since he never kept in contact, I never know

What Guys Said 6

• If you think it's mean I'm going to think you petty and say this sounds petty, then sorry :| but that's just the fact.

And why didn't either of you want to try long distance? Clearly you two did not truly love each other like you might have thought. So just move on. And 125 lb? That's not a lot at all. And no, not even for a girl.

And you'll find other nice guys. There are many. And if he's not contacting you at all, there's a chance he does miss you and just can't bear to talk to you cause of what it'll make him feel.

• Depends. Post-break up jealousy isn't as common a thing with males. It only happens if he was cast aside and had completely let you infiltrate his heart or if he screwed up and regrets it (no new factors involved). Otherwise, not gonna happen.

• well I personally don't understand why would you want someone to miss someone, personally I hate the feeling of longing for someone, so your hopes should be that he doesn't miss you too much, because if he loved you, of course he misses you, but it has nothing to do with being successful or looking better.. you might make him a bit jealous that your so much better off with out him if he's not doing as good as you even though that may not be the case. I personally hate it when someone is being fake, but I understand that everyone has their own reasons... it seems to me that you want some attention from him, the thing is that guys can't read minds, and since you live far away he can't read your actions.. it doesn't seem like you guys aren't friends anymore, so just give him a call and chat or something, I don't mean to pea to get back together or anything like that, just catch up.

• Well, BEFORE I left the country I contacted him 3 times (call, Facebook, letter). He never replied. This was 2 weeks after we parted.

He NEVER contacted me back. I know he doesn't hate me but I'm not sure what to do.

He called and text once after I left him. In the text he said he missed me, but by never contact me back. So now it's been almost 3 months of no contact.

• Maybe huh? But its now been 3 months and I still have not heard from him. I miss him still but know for sure there is no chance for reconciliation. I'm going to be in Asia for a while.

• Can you answer this too?

link

• The way I see it is if you become exes with someone you guys are exes for a.reason. There is no point in living in the past all you could do is move on with the your life and find someone who you feel compatible with.

• The fact that you are happy and successful will make you forget your bitter past.

but if you are doing all that to make your ex miss you itself is something shallow and will contribute to you being unhappy later.

But yeah it will help you to move on in life

• Do you miss him ?

• I miss him so much! I want to contact him and all, but I already did all that in August and he never replied. I took it as 'rejection' so I never contacted him again. I don't think I can contact him again though. I don't want my self-esteem to take another blow if you know what I'm talking about.

• This is appending:

link

• *happening

What Girls Said 20

• Simple answer - if he's upset that it's over, seeing your success has every chance tho be the thorn in his side. It's my favorite form of revenge.

If he's already moved on with his life, then the chances of him missing you because you are doing well are pretty slim.

• To be honest, trying to make your ex miss you is a really sh*tty thing to do. Maybe he's not talking to you because it hurts too much, you shouldn't toy with people's emotions like that. Just because you miss him and can't stand not knowing if he misses you doesn't mean you can be selfish and mess with his head.

• Looking bad and not being successful was probably not what ended your relationship, so it's not going to fix it to look hot and be successful.

On the other hand it will make you feel better about yourself, you'll be happy, and maybe you'll realize you don't need him/he doesn't need you/you can do better.

• No... he will miss you because of a lovely person you are of what he remembers about you.

• Exactly. If he really cared for you then he would miss you for who you are even if you didn't lose weight.

Also not trying to be mean but is 105 a healthy weight for your height? sounds really thin to me..

• Hey, thanks. I think you're right. I was SUPER nice to him so I know for sure he thought I was lovely :-)

He was nice to me too so it went both ways.

I'm 5'2 so my weight is okay. Thanks girls.

• Yes, your weight is fine. I am the same height as you and I weigh about 108.

• As hard as it may be, I feel like you should just move on with your life and be happy, because if its meant to be, its meant to be. If he's meant to be in your future, then he will be there someday. Things have a crazy way of working out. Just try and be happy with yourself, because then it will all work out in the end.

• No. I don't know you so you could have been the bad guy or"ass" that broke his heart by moving away..so who knows. He might be happy that your doing well for yourself but when someone is hurt its hard for them to go back. We don't know him so idk. but id say No

• Yea, maybe I'm the bad guy who had to move away for work or maybe he never liked me that much too keep in contact. That's possible too you know. I guess no amount of speculation will give me his truth but I'd like to hear what others think anyways. Thx!

• No, I am sorry to say. I know it hurts, but if a guy misses you he will be there. Boyfriends do come back down the road sometimes. They start thinking about you and out of the blue, after you have moved on they pop up like a bad penny. I bet you look beautiful, find someone who will appreciate you.

• Well nothing you do can make a person miss you if they dont. If he liked you to begin with, he probably does. If he didn't care about you much then he would not. Chances are he does miss you but I don't thik its because you look thinner or seem happier. He chose the woman you were before so I don't think it matters.

• True true! Thanks! :-)

• You won't be able to be legitimately happy with those types of thoughts.

My best advice is to focus on yourself and finding happiness through yourself rather than through an old flame. I'm sure he was sweet and wonderful but at the moment he's not around so focus on yourself.

• It may make him miss you, but for the wrong reasons. If an ex is to miss me, I want it to be because I made his life better, or I gave him something no other woman could. If he missed me because I got hotter or more successful, he's not missing ME, he would be craving who I became,.

• Not only will doing all these thinks be likely to make him miss you, but they'll help you to move on too

• Agree. Thx for your short and simple ans!

• Oh I feel bad for you :(. 105 Ibs? how tall are you? You must be as thin as a match .

• i have no idea why you would want someone to miss you, that's pretty selfish and no you looking happy and thinner would not necessarily do that, especially if he's over you.

• I'm sure he does miss you. But in general, if he didn't love you to begin with, nothing you do is gonna make him miss you.

• if your not f***ing someone else... ya.

• Thx, I'm not with anyone.

• Sweetheart . All that's matters is that your happier

• Sure. I always believe success is the best reveal or at least living well.

• It depends on how long you two were together, and how in love both of you were. I'm sure you are looking great and when he sees you he will notice. But was your relationship close? But if you guys were in love and everything I'm sure he still misses you a little. If you were together for a while you aren't going to be easy to get over. Being apart for 3 months can change things, I've been through that and he fell in love with someone else. We are now back together though and engaged. I guess it just depends on what happens in the future when you see each other again. It will all work out for the better though. Men aren't always as upfront about their feelings as we are.

• Thanks for sharing. I think the whole men are simpler is a generalization because men can e even more complex than women sometimes in their own ways. Agree?

• My ex and I have had about 3 months of no contact too. We spoke recently and had to go back to no contact. Its because its too painful for him...

• I see. Did he tell you it was too painful for him? Men can be sensitive too huh?

• It may do, it may not! It all depends on how he feels about you.

Although if he isn't all that interested it will definitely make his mind wonder to what he is missing out on... but he may not miss the relationship.