Dry hair/scalp advice?

So I'm in a bit of a pickle... My hair is naturally dry however if I wash it once max twice weekly it gets better but my scalp gets really dry, and I get flakes every time I brush it... Theyre about a quarter of an inch big too, and not a lot of them but still... Also should I be looking at shampoos/conditioners for dry hair to get my hair from link sort of look to link ? Its not as curly as the guy's in the picture but similiarly damaged(dry). Any advice is appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Use a deep conditioner and leave it on for like 10 min or so while you're in the shower (do other shower things in the meantime). Also, try using the Head and Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo-conditioner duo (the bottle that has both in it), then follow up with the deep conditioner. That way you're not drying your hair out too much while shampooing either. Lastly, I suggest washing your hair twice a week rather than once. During the week too much dead skin cells can build up and make your flakes get even worse. If you properly condition each time then you shouldn't get dry doing it twice a week. Hope this helps.

• But head and shoulder has sulfates... and I thought sulfates are bad for dry scalp.

• Okay, well I hadn't realized that. You can just try using a different anti-dandruff shampoo or shampoo/conditioner duo that's sulfate free. I personally like the H/s one because even though I don't have scalp issues, it has almond oil and makes my hair super shiny and moisturized compared to a lot of other shampoos I've tried. good luck!

• Or, you could try baby shampoo too. No sulfates and it shouldn't dry out and irritate your scalp

What Girls Said 5

• apply olive oil to your head and massage it into scalp. Leave it on over night if you can. Repeat once a week.

• Well just buy general anti dandruff hair care if you haven't tried already. Try a few different ones, give them a go for about a week to see if they work. You might find one that suits. If not, maybe try a tar shampoo. they're okay, even though they smell quite bad. If you still can't get it under control try talking to a hairdresser or doctor. Good luck!

• Maybe a serum could work? Or you could try an olive oil and honey treatment. Do you have allergies?

• no on the allergies, what type of serum?

• someone once told me that cracking an egg over your head works wonders... I don't know if there is any truth to it, but it's worth a try... ^_^

• dont take too hot of a shower.

ask your hair dresser/stylist for a little help.

idk if your hair can ever change like that...

What Guys Said 0