How do I know which standard of girl to go after?

I know exactly what I want in a girl but generally speaking these girls only like me as a friend because I am lanky 6'0 and skinny but I look to young for my age. How do I know what kind of girl to look for that will actually be attracted to me as well? If your answer is based on my physical appearance I have a picture on my profile in the reality check section.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't agree with the idea of friend first concept, in my own experience, becoming friends first with a woman keeps you there forever, while setting the context of the relationship as flirty/sexual up front was the only time I'd get dates. Not with all women, not even with most, but being "friends" first ALWAYS kept me friends forever.

If you are lanky, start bulking up, not bodybuilder level, just a sleek athletic body.

Expand your interests and knowledge, practice talking to people, even make friends with women you aren't attracted to that way you get comfortable thus confident talking to women in general.

Get out often, put yourself out there.

Finally regardless what you look like, there's women out there who find that particular look with your particular features attractive - very attractive even. Figure out who they are and where they are.

What Girls Said 2

• Sweetie, if you're just patient with yourself and others, you'll have scads of girls trailing after you. Lanky 6'0 (and educated) end up being the MOST DESIRABLE GUYS to women, but when we're mature enough to look at you with appreciation. While that guy (tall, sweet, smart, etc.) has always been MY type, I'm repeatedly told that I'm definitely in the minority. Many girls are initially attracted to that hunky athletic sort for a while, till they mature and realize that their "friend" is the best guy they know. They try to set you up with a friend and then end up poaching you for themselves. It's just the way things are. In this instance, I would urge you to ride the current, not fight it.

• How do I know which standard of girl to go after?

Probably suited to base it on what type of gal you're attracted to.

How do I know what kind of girl to look for that will actually be attracted to me as well?

Likely most gals as you're 6'0'' which tends to compensate for many physical/personality traits.

What Guys Said 1

• 6 foot and skinny is the kind of guy that girls like...

The looking young for your age thing is troublesome for the moment though.

There is no type that will like your type. Just try and be friendly with any girl you like and maybe they'll like you, maybe they won't.