Why do people pay to go up tall buildings..

& then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Discuss!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we all do it in the hope that while we're up there someone might lean a bit too far over the ledge and plunge screaming to their death. Same reason people go to NASCAR races and Clay Aiken concerts.

What Girls Said 5

• For the same reason I like playing Sims. I feel like the evil overlord of the land, watching stuff and planning who to zap off the face of the planet.

Buildings aren't so fantastic. But I got a chance to have a helicopter ride at work and it was really cool to see everything from above. My favorite is spying on people's back yards.

• Because you can't go up for free. There's a difference between some sky scraper and going up the Eiffel tower. I always assumed going up was free, at least it is at Tokyo Tower I think.

• People will do all kinds of kooky things just for entertainment... we are always looking for stories to tell other people about what we've done... #firstworldproblems

• for a fresh perspective.

• because you can see buildings or statues from a bird-eye view and you can see the whole city stretch out in front of you :)

What Guys Said 4

• well, I did pay to go to the top of the Burj Al Kalifa, but that was the tallest building at the time.

• On the ground, you have limitations as to how far you can see. Up in a tall building, those limitations are no longer there.

• The space needle was pretty cool, but the restaurant at the top revolves around it's access. Didn't put any money in binoculars when I was up there though. Just enjoyed the view. Top of the world sort of thing. =P

• to see the view and stare at stuff on the ground why else? ^^