Why do guys stare with his head tilted?

He was smiling. I was talking to someone else and then I noticed it when I looked away from that person. He didn't look away either when he was caught (two months ago). I also caught him staring like this O.O at the community fair once. He didn't look away then either (last year). :o This year I dunked him in the dunking booth-the next day at church he walked by me and smiled funny. Walk by you and apologize for coming in the room you were in? The room is a short cut-people go through all the time but they don't apologize. He doesn't usually talk to me. When he walked in he was smiling when he said he was "sorry" and he got close when he walked by me once. He walked through before but he recently started apologizing for it. I'm confused? Another time I was standing in the hall with a little girl (I teach Sunday School). We were waiting on her sister to get out of her class so she could go in there. The fellowship hall has a door leading to that hallway. I was talking to the girl while we were waiting and the next thing I know he comes out of the fellowship hall and stands there in the hallway by that door-facing me on my left. I didn't look at him but I saw him standing there out of the corner of my eye. Is he flirting with me? Was the apologizing just an excuse to talk to me? I have been thinking it is just my imagination. I get confused very easily. Please answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are interpretating his motives correctly, Head tilt can also be a sign of nervousness, a way to "steady" it. None of this is imagination, in years to come you'll become more confident if acting on these calls for attention & interaction from the meek.

Find something you would like to do as a couple (e.g. a movie) and next time he draws near enough, pull him aside & tell him you wish someone would ask you to go ... because you don't want to go alone & together it would be lots more fun

What Guys Said 4

• Usually suggests interest, or at least curiousity.

link

• Sounds like a shy guy or a stalker. Either way talk to him and end this nonsense.

• @ dishlady why would you ever of blocked me? @ QA I think the guy is really shy and if you think he is cute then after all this time you should consider asking him out.

• Head tilted is a mating signal, just like when women cross their feet when standing.

What Girls Said 1

• Such a short exchanged, unless followed by eye contact, smiling/grinning, and other body language, doesn't really mean much more than the fact that he is just being polite and excusing himself.

If he is passing by frequently, says "excuse me"/"sorry" the first time and then repeatedly "accidentally" bumps into you or keeps passing the same area and glancing + grinning at you, he is looking for your attention and letting you know that he is attracted to you.

• @ 7gnat: I think your post here answers your question.

@ QA: My sincere apologies for the unrelated post.