Is being tall a Caucasian feature?

there are some general features of different racial groups such as full lips with blacks, narrow nose with whites, the eyes with Asians

anyway just curious if being tall is a white feature cause I notice that lots of white guys tend to be tall while blacks are tall as well I see a lot more taller white men than black men

you do have a point guys. The whites that I have come across are normally from Europe, and they are normally jaw dropping tall. thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I do think whites and blacks tend to be a little taller on average than other ethnicities, but I haven't found whites to be taller than blacks on average.

• are you saying white and black people are ethnicities?

• oh no worries. I think not that many people know the difference between a race, nationality and ethnicity nowadays. black and white are races, there are ethnicities within each race, (e.g black nigeriah, black American, black Hispanic etc, white Hispanic, white italian, white American etc)

• You are right. Thanks for the heads up.

What Guys Said 6

• Well.. it is a feature of the Nordic type, so many "very" white people are tall, even women, but - for example the Alpine type from the Central Europe and Asia Minor already are noticeably shorter in comparison, thus not all Caucasians are very tall.

• I don't know honestly. I hear that black guys are supposed to be the tallest. We have thousands of black people here direct from africa in my city all the time as students and strangely most of them tend to be extremely short. I do notice white people generally do seem to be taller then most others but I still honestly think its highly variable, there is no clear taller one

• No, that's too much of a generalization. Tallness is a trait of some subgroups, but not of Caucasians as a whole. People from northern and eastern Europe (esp. the Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians) are generally much taller than those from the south (esp. the French, who are a nation of dwarves).

The average male heights in the US are white: 5'10 1/2", black: 5'10", and Mexican: 5'7".

• I remember seeing some sort of study on height and race in America, and the average height for white people, both on the male and female side, was greater than others by like an inch, so not much at all.

• Is being tall a Caucasian feature? Nope.

• I wouldn't say height is exclusive to white guys. I see plenty of tall black guys and look at pro basketball players, most of whom are black.

What Girls Said 5

• Men and women in Europe are typically taller than the average American, I believe. I think over in Europe, it's considered attractive for a female to be tall(according to people on here, not sure how true that is), but I'd say definitely not.

I think your observation might be because you see more white men than black?

I don't think height is really related to race...though in some parts of the world where large populations are in poverty and malnourished obviously they may be shorter or skinnier

• From what I have seen, yeah Caucasians are pretty tall, average Caucasians are taller than average asians, but not all, there are still taller black guys, taller asians, and I've seen so many short Caucasians too.

• From what I have seen many Black guys are taller than the guys from other races.

• i don't think being tall has anything to do with where you come from or which skin color you may have. There is tall koreans and short germans.

• Probably do to you seeing more white guys than black guys...