Girls and guys do I have height in me yet?

I'm almost 17 in 4 months ill be 17 and I'm 5'4" and my mom is 5'1" and my dad is 5'7" my uncles are about 5'7" and over to 6' and my moms side is about the same but my moms uncles where 6'3" and over . How tall would I be or might be ?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible. My mother is 5'3" and my father is 5'7". My brother who's 19 now, he's about 5'11"..

• Really wow that's almost like my situation . How tall are you ?

• I'm 5'5". Smack dab in the middle.

What Girls Said 6

• Guys don't stop growning until they are around 20 so you have a chance to get taller. If your dad is 5'7'' then you should be around that or close to, give or take a few inches. But then again I know people who have two really short parents and they are over 6' cos it was a throw back to a great great grandfather so you never know. Have you had a big growth spurt yet? If not then you have something to look forward to. :)

• Nope not yet , but I do remember my cousin was 5'5" when he was 19 now he's 6'2" , by the way all my cousins are tall

• Yeah I got called got and sexy a couple of times form my 6 packs haha

• Sorry for spelling , it's my dumb iphone changes words by its self

• I've known people who towered over their parents. I'm significantly taller than my mom. My one friend is taller than both of his parents by over a foot.

So I mean it's possible, though judging by the fact that you're 17 now may not be probable.

There was a study once that found that parents who were born/grew up in more geographically distant places from one another had taller children than those from the same hometowns. Things like that indicate that height isn't necessarily determined by how tall your parents are.

• You may grow a little bit, but at your age, growing much taller is unlikely.

• Idk I didn't have my growth support yet ? So

• Your chances of hitting a major growth spurt are slim.

• Both of your parents are pretty short so you probably won't get much taller than 5'8. There's a chance you could get taller, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

• yeah you aren't going to be tall. Your family genes have only short men and women

• going back to history my great grand parents were very tall tho

• You normally stop growing at 18 , So I would say you might be around 5'5 or 5'6 if your 5'4 now.

What Guys Said 4

• According to every doctor I've spoken with in my life, many, if not most, boys grow a bit in college (18-20 years old). My stepfather went from 5'9" in high school to about 6'1" after college. It's hard to give a concrete answer as to what your final height may be, though. The good news is, you have a pretty good chance of growing a bit more.

• i don't think you are growing more than 2 inches...maybe 3 inches, other than that sorry hommie

• You'll never be tall enough for most girls on this site. Better start getting used to it early.

• i haven't grown since I was 17 but there could be some hope for you. everyones different really