Has anyone ever noticed TV makes people taller?

example Al Pacino in his prime looked about 5ft9 on TV but is 5ft7 same thing with Megan Fox who I thought was like 5ft7 is actually only 5ft4 and Mark Wahlberg looks 5ft10 on the screen but is only 5ft8

@bunnyfranci 5ft9-5ft10 is average is their like a height requirement for guys you date

Most Helpful Girl

• well I think a lot of it can do with the surrounding cast. Like I'll give you an opposite example, the way That 70's Show displayed it I'm sure most of us conceived Mila Kunis to be like five feet tall and she's actually 5'4' but that was just because the rest of the cast was so tall.

But expect if the male lead is suppose to be some hot shot that they'll try everything in their power to up his height a couple of inches esp. the shorter ones like Pacino. As for Megan its probably just the heels. Besides remember actors are just people so most of them are going to be average height.

What Girls Said 5

• Lighting and tricks with the camera can make someone look like anything

• yeah I feel like actors look pretty tall on t.v./movies but they are really 5'7-5'10 which to me is short for a guy.

• i'm 5'8 so ideally I'd like a guy taller then me.

if I was 5'2 I wouldn't find guys 5'7-5'10 short.

• yes this is so true

• Daniel Radcliffe

Zooey Deschanel

• Are you sure it's not your TV settings, and how stretched your TV screen is?!

What Guys Said 5

• Of course, its classic TV tricks and camera angels/lenses. Like even for iron man, robert downey jr is only 5'7 or fight club, brad pit is 5'10 and both looked taller. They even go so far in some romance flicks to put a guy in elevator shoes or a hidden stand/ledge so the girl will be slightly looking up at him in the classic kiss scene.

• Most celebrities lie about their height anyway. Plus there are camera tricks they use as well as elevator shoes that give em 1-2 inches more height.

• It's a reletive illusion, when you have open space over your head, you look shorter than when you have an ceiling above you. The TV edges are like the ceiling, and the person usually fills most of the frame. Similar to this: link

• Yeah I've noticed it.

• I thought it made them fatter as they became ginormous couch potatoes. =P