Guys what do you think of this type of dress?

link

link

I would never wear those revealing dresses with large cut outs at the chest or stomach, but I like this style a lot. I have one that looks similar to the second one except there a lot of tiny cut outs at the neckline, but not enough to show my bra or anything, and there's no lining underneath (but nothing inappropriate showing!). Haha. Do you think this style is attractive?

Mine looks more like this link but the cut outs are a little bit different.

Most Helpful Guy

• first one yes, it's a nice style if you can pull it off. The second one looks like a kids dress to me, and I don't really like when women dress like that. Don't know why. But yes, the first is very nice.

Personally though, I prefer a-line styles cut close at the hips and waist, then a little bit of sway and snap through the lower sections. It emphasises the upper body, especially the chest-stomach-hips ratio, and the skirt line serves as a rather nice contrast which works very well together, it brings out the sleeker lines in the upper half. The H-line, like the ones you've got, ar enice enough, but they always look a little difficult to move in, and unless you are built like a supermodel they aren't always particularly flattering when in motion. If you stand like she's posed in the first pic the whole time, then it's a decent contrast, but when you move or stand normally, it's just too tubular. It doesn't provide enough enhancement through variation, imo.

also, if you want to wear a necklace at all, that dress won't be any good. you'll lose any effect from the jewellery because of the regular openings showing skin. I would have said widen the neckline slightly , and take it maybe half an inch lower, don;t have those openings, they don't provide a useful enoguh function or are aesthetically pleasing enough to justify being there.

my advice would be if you want an H-line, find one like I described above, go for it in an ever-so-slightly blued charcoal grey hue, which is a little softer than the black and gives a more fluid overall appearance, then wear a mid-length necklace, I'd pick a blue-gold mix, probably electric blue given the choice. not pendant style though.

Maybe a little more detail than you asked for, but I take pride in being a guy who can do a little fashion stuff, and I am literally incapable of missing a chance to display it.

What Guys Said 9

• They are both okay. I'm not in love with them, but I'm sure they'd look cute if they fit your figure properly.

• I don't like the first one at all, but the second one is alright. I would like your updated one in a different color, but this is just my opinion.

• Wtf, those are not revealing. Those are attractive styles.

• I like the second link and the one from the update as well.

• First one - Kind of slutty. I wouldn't like it on my girl if she were just going out in the day. Would be hot for a night at the club though.

Second one - Really cute and not revealing at all. I'd love to see a girl in this dress anytime.

• yes...to all 3 links.

Esp if you wear them with sexy heels -- you're golden!

• They're very nice looking dresses.

• just curious, why would you never wear any with large cut outs?

• like link it's just not my style at all

• It's inappropriate because I don't go to bars and would never be in a setting where a dress like that would be okay. I'm trying to attract a quality guy who will be able see my body when I choose to and not just because I decided to reveal it to the public that day with my outfit choice. Friends and family seeing me in a bikini, sure, the guy I'm dating seeing me in a bikini or in lingerie, sure. Random people seeing me in a dress like that? No.

• Why not?

• Yes, I really like it. Nothing is better then a cute dress on a girl.

What Girls Said 3

• Um lol you think those are revealing? They're quite modest and cutesy in my opinion

link these are revealing and slutty

link

That's a more classy and still sexy way to go about cut outs

And if you want to be even more modest you can get something like this that's all covered up in front but shows a little back link

• No I don't think my examples are revealing, I think they are an alternative to the slutty examples you showed :P. Yea I like the third link!

• You can find similar stuff at forever 21 for about $20 I think ^_^

• it is cute and femenine

• It's okay. Not something I would wear. - The style is too innocent-like.