Guys, do you like the 50s look on a girl?

Sometimes I wear jeans and a t shirt and of, course, when I go running I wear sweatpants, but most of the time I dress in a 50s style.

So, that means red lipstick (without other kind of make up cause I hate it)

and these things in my hair:

link

link

and these kind of dresses:

link

do you think girls with these style look silly? I´m blond and I look a bit childlike so I think it looks good on me, but then again, not everyone can pull it off (for example, I could never pull off punk style).

I always try not make it look as if I´m wearing a costume, so it looks natural I guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the girl. Hate to whip out the guy's mantra, but if the girl is cute she'll be cute in any style of outfit, and our preference is probably bikini or less.

That said, the 50's style does bring up images of blushing "I'm not that kind of a girl" routines in the back seats of big old cars. Could imply a challenge, and that's got a hotness factor of its own.

How do guys react to it in your experience?

• I noticed that guys check me out a lot more and in a more flattering way when I'm dressed in that style than when I'm wearing jeans and a tshirt. Maybe its because I look different, I don't know. I get compliments all the time, but I was just wondering what people here thought about it.

• Different is always eye catching, and that's good as long as it's a good different. Gotta post an ensemble pic of yourself to know for sure though. ;-)

What Guys Said 5

• Well I'm not a fan of the hairband personally, but other than that won't say that I don't like it, but then again I don't have any special kind of place for it in my heart or anything. It comes with being a guy who doesn't have that special type or look on a girl that would make my heart throb etc. Do remember that some people might get the impression from your style that you are the girlie girl type, but of course it's up to you if you want that or not.

• its rare, and if you like it go for it

• Love it. My favorite style of girls is a girlie girl look and I love how girls dresses in the 50's. Plus I love dresses on girls.

• I really like it. I like the blouse with the skirt with a ribbon tied in her hair too. I think it looks great. Keep doing it.

• It's hard to say. On some people I'm sure it looks great, but I'd find more often than not it isn't done well and looks tacky. You say you try to make it look as though you're not wearing a costume, though, so it sounds like you're on top of this.

If it makes you happy then stick with it, doesn't matter what other people think, it's just another way to express yourself. I'm sure plenty of people love it.

What Girls Said 0