How tall would you want your man to be?

what height is okay for a girl for her partner to be so that it is okay for her?

Most Helpful Girl

• his height or weight doesn't matter to me. if I like him, I like him for who he is! :)

What Girls Said 27

• Had this come up about a month ago, I would have said taller than me. I'm 5'10" and until recently I never really dated anyone less than 6'2". First, most guys in my area are that height or taller. And because I've always felt insecure being taller. I just like feeling smaller. But the guy I have a date with this weekend is 5'9" and I don't mind. I'm actually looking forward to not wearing heels.

So now, I'd say, close to my height. :)

• All of these girls are like "omgz 6'2 or taller<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3".

Yeah, that's the ideal.. but would I fall for a guy who is 5'6? YUP.

• I am tall 5'8, so ideally id like a guy who was at least 6'2. But that has never happened. I usually get guys who are exactly my height or an inch taller (which still looks like my height from my point of view lol). It doesn't bother me too much. But I know it will on my wedding day when I can't wear heels lol

• I'm 5'5" and a half, my ex boyfriend is 5'10" which is the tallest I've dated. The guy I dated before him was actually like an inch or two shorter than me but it honestly didn't bug me cause I liked him a lot of course lol. So height to me isn't that big of a deal, I prefer like 5'8" and over but it's not a deal breaker or anything

• I'm 5'3 and I prefer a guy who is 5'7 or taller. One inch below average with one inch below average. Makes sense.

• I like to be shorter than the guy I'm with, I'm 5"4 so 5"7 or taller I would think. Here's something that no one else has talked about but when I sit down I want to sit shorter to. I'm very long waisted and have dated one guy who was taller than me but with long legs he sat about 3 inches shorted than me and it was just awkward

• At least 5'8 or 5'9 but ideally over or around six feet. I like taller guys. Not too tall because I'm 5'4. I would at least want him to be five inches taller than me so that if I wore high heels he would still be taller than me by a couple of inches

• Im and 5'2" ..so id like a guy either 5'7" or 6 feet! either or :D ha ha cause I just looooveeee long legs ..since mine are short :o lol

• The guy I am dating is 5'11 and I am 5'1. Works out nicely.

• Height isn't a deciding factor for me by any means. Guy I am talking to now just so happens to be 6'5", which is the tallest guy I have ever dated.

• Someone who is at least two inches taller than me, so probably one around 5"9

• I'm 5'10. I would say I am naturally attracted to guys taller than myself. My tallest boyfriend so far was 6'5 and I think that's my limit. So a good 6'0 - 6'5 is good enough for me. Although I have dated shorter guys and that did not pan out well...

• 6'3 and taller for me. I'm almost 6 feet in heels so I need my guy to be alteast 3 inches taller than me. Shortest I will go is 6'2

• i'm 5'8 and would like him to be above 6'0 for sure!

• I'm 5'11", I'd rather he be my height or taller. I'd prefer 6'1" and up. Most people assume tall girls like to be dominant and that's not always the case.

• i love tall guys (so I can wear heels) I'm 5'6 but I'd love them to be a 5'10 minimum.

• 5'8"-6'3" for me anyway. It used to be okay with 5'6" but I'm not going to be dealing with short guys anymore.

Well, 5'8" can be too short for a girl. Since the average height is 5'9" for a guy in the States anyway.

• I'm 5'5 and I like to wear heels so I need someone who is at least 6 inches taller than me haha

• considering my height, at least 5'7.

of course it'd be nice to be with a guy taller than me, but it doesn't bother me that much.

• i don't mind as long as he is taller than me :P I'm about 5'4" so from 5'6" and taller is fine :)

• I'm 5,3 and I want to reach the height of his shoulders/neck :)

• Basically you want a guy who is a 6ft+

• by my answer yes . .I guess I do . . :)

I was thinking more of 10cm distance,

but that came out more . :)

i'm attracted to shorter men though, that's for sure . .:)

• im only 5'1, my boyfriend is 5'9 and I'm vey much fine with it :)

• well, I like guys who are around 6 feet, and older then me.

• taller than me

• I am 5ft tall and I want my man to be 5'8 or 5'9.

• as long as I'm shorter than him even wearing high heels.. I think it'd be good :D

• wtf? what is "okay" varies from person to person. its all preference though, everything is okay, whether you want to date giants or little people. its all "okay", there are no rules to really control you. people may approve or not but whatever you like is okay.

i'm 5'4''/5'4.5'' and like how I feel standing next to tall men, like at least 5'11 and up. Especially 6'0 and over. that's usually what I date. 6'2-6'4 is perfect for me. but more than that, I just find tall men to be incredibly sexy. maybe its also an issue of feeling short and having an opposites attract mentality for me. the drastic difference in height turns me on basically. :) and when they are cute, they look so good tall. its partly how our standards of beauty/attractiveness are formed, but I do think tall people are just striking to see. and when it comes to guys, it can make them look powerful if theyre built (not too muscly, I don't like that) or make them look lanky if theyre on the skinnier side, which is also really attractive to me. its not a heels thing for me because I don't usually wear heels. when I do, I'm still usually shorter than most men. I just love tall men.

that isn't to say that there are no attractive guys who are shorter though. although, I've found very few men attractive who are my height. I've known a lot of shorter guys around 5'8/5'9 who were attractive.

• Just an FYI 5'9 is not short. That the average. The average American male is 5'10. That being said 6'2 and above is almost non existent besides in the NBA. less than about 5% of guys fit that. I realize you can't help your preference, just food for thought.

• It should go without saying I mean. Common knowledge.

• Well, not all women prefer the same things or have the same ideals. but yes, height is something, an ideal of masculinity/femininity, that has been around for centuries. plus, you will always have people who just like different traits. its often a matter of perception. 5'9 seems tall to some women, usually if they are much shorter. for a 5'0 woman, 5'10/5'11 may seem very tall. the same height difference for me is 6'3/6'4. some think that's too tall. may depend on where you stand, literally.

What Guys Said 6

• I love how almost every girl on here so fat has based there height preference on when they are wearing heels. I find that rather comical to be honest. Basically they want a guy to be a certain height based on when they are cheating. Especially considering the fact that a women rarely wears heals (unless she way too posh), I just don't see the reasoning in this. Granted, I realize the these girls are answering based on ideal perfect scenario, they would most likely settle for less (though some specified to the contrary).

• ... and yet, I bet most of these girls wouldn't turn down a date with Robert Downey Jr (5"7').

• If your wallet is taller it shouldn't matter ;D

• Comfortable range is ussualy her head a little below your shoulder to her head at nose level. That way if she wears heels she'll be close to the same height as you plus she has to get on her tippies to kiss you etc... all the good stuff.

• Mark Wahlberg is 5'8 and Tom Cruise is 5'7...Why would I care if a girl called me short?

• well, I think in general, girls like taller guys.