Why do I look so much older?

so I got a few comments about my age and how I look A LOT older than I am and it made me kind of sad actually lol.

im 24 years old but I have been told I look a lot older. I have some pics posted on my profile so take a look if you don't mind and let me know why you think I may look older. the most common thing so far is that my hairline is the main issue. but what exactly can a guy do if he has a receding hairline?

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• That may not be a bad thing. Shave your hair and see how that looks.

What Girls Said 9

• You look like you are 30.

It's not too much older...but you have a mature looking face.

• Oh, yeah you do look quite a bit older. Going clean shaven might make you look a bit younger. The receding hairline probably contributes a little.

• Don't worry! If you worry it will only make you appear even older.

Just be happy that you're not suffering from a horrible disease.

If it the receding hairline really bothers you... what I think is an easier fix is probably going bald? It's not bad, some people look better bald. But don't stress too much about it, there are worst things. :]!

• I think it more so has to do with the thinning of your hair it seems. I agree with some of the people who said to go with the Jason Statham idea. I think it would look nice^.^

• do you eat a healthy diet? That can help.

• You do look older

Nothing to do with your hair

It's just that overall your face looks old

• Could be caused by your bone structure. It's just the way you are.

• I would say you look 30-36 years old. One because you are white and white people age light years away from darker skin people

• wow that's not good lol. other than me being white what makes me look so old? lol damit I'm only 24 I don't want to look old

• I don't think you look too much older but maybe shave your hair like thedigitalsaint suggested.

I think that would look good.

And he was right it would be the Jason statham look, and girls do fall hard for him :)

What Guys Said 8

• Short of hair transplants, if I were in your shoes, I'd shave it all off, or keep it super short.

Put on a few pounds of muscle and go for the Jason Statham look:

link

Lots of girls like that.

• I agree with TheDigitalSaint about shaving your hair off, getting yoked and going for the Jason Statham look.

I have NO IDEA, why you look so much older than you really are.

it's odd.

But getting into exceptional physical shape seems to be your last stand.

• If you had less wrinkles you'd look just like my dad!

• First off if you drink or smoke regularly stop doing that. And I agree shave the head and hit the gym.

• Some people she faster than others. I for example am 21, and I can easily pass for 17-18.

• Wear a hat

• Damn dude, you look 30 something. :\ It's REALLY only because your receding hair. But there are a few things you can do.

One of them is losing some weight. Losing 10-20lbs can make you look about 5 years younger.

Look at some celebrities you can sort of emulate your style after. If you dress younger, you'll look younger. Same with facial hair and piercings.

Good luck man!

• And shaving your head is a great idea. Also, off subject, but stop smiling in pictures. Or learn how to smile in a "sexier" way.

• would you prefer people think you look 17/18? ...it sucks.

id prefer a few years older than younger right now...maybe in 20 years it'd be different.

you look older in your face. nothing you can do about it. just embrace it since a fair amount of girls say they want an 'older' guy. you can go for the clean shave look and 'dress young' to help a little if you care that much