Emo, Goth, Scene, Whatcha think?

Although I'm not much for labels, I am one of the... darker girls. I wear mostly black, white and grey, and excessive amounts of eyeliner. and let's just say that my music matches my clothes. I'm actually a really happy person, I laugh constantly, and love to joke around and make new friends and stuff.

I was wondering what guys think about this style, too scary?

Most Helpful Girl

• People who label themselves as emo/goth/scene are typically people I don't like. And I listen to heavy rock/metal music, don't follow trends, and wear quite a lot of black too! But to label yourself lumps you with a group of people trying to fit in and go with the crowd, and personally, I think it takes away from someone's personality significantly. I think you sound like a great girl, but that you are using labels/styles to try and define yourself. You don't need to--as metaldave20 said, you don't need to adopt a certain style of clothing/attitude just because of the music you listen to. If you are comfortable enough with yourself to the point where you can develop your own style without labeling yourself, then I don't think you would worry about if anyone found you "scary" or not.

Also, I find that people who call themselves "emo/scene" are almost always annoying teenagers that listen to whiny music and think shopping at Hot Topic makes them unique. I doubt that's the image you want to project.

What Guys Said 3

• When I see someone who has got a lot of accessories or overwhelming anti-norm clothing I just think trouble.

When I was 19 or so I had a mohawk which the tips were died red. I looked awesome and it looked great on me, however... a mohawk says "hello, I'm a teenage delinquint which I was was not but because I was wearing the uniform, people treated like I was an idiot.

So although you are loving, caring and genuinely happy, people aren't going to get that impression or at least give you the benefit of the doubt if your wearing a goth/emo/dark uniform.

I'd re-evaluate on how you want people to perceive you and dress accordingly.

• ive learned that music is just music, its not a style of clothing or an attitude, listen to the music, but you don't have to "be it". yeah I agree the emo goth and scene music is depressing and such, but you said so yourself, you're not that kind of person

just be yourself, and listen to the music, that's all you need to do, guys will love you for that

• Very ew. haha

What Girls Said 2

• Even though I am typically labeled as goth... I am not... the next time the person see's me I could be wearing a pretty sundress... even though I tend to lean towards darker colors and purples in makeup... it doesn't mean I am goth... purple just works with my skin color. My eyeliner is heavier as my eyes are an odd cat shape. I like all kinds of music... from some country to some metal. There is no labeling me... and those that try end up confused by my changing moods.

• Emo and Goth? Ick and Ick. Scene? I don't know what that is.