I feel like people laugh at me when they see me because I'm short.

The reason I feel like this is because I'm a short guy and many people (about 90%) just tower over me. I feel like people look down on me and just laugh. And when it comes to women I think they say things in their heads along the lines of "OMG look how short that guy is, how embarrassing! I feel so sorry for him!"

I'm 5'5'' By the way. How do I cope/deal with these thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• A good rule of thumb is to remember that other people are generally so wrapped up in their own lives (i.e. worrying about what other people think of THEM) that they're too busy to pass judgment on you. Think about your own behavior - do you spend more time worrying about how you appear to others, or how others appear to you?

What Girls Said 1

• My friend and I have thought this once, but not about a guy with your height. The guy we thought it about was 5'1 and had 'Small Man Syndrome' (he was arrogant, conceited and even had a strutt). We made fun of him but only because he was a douche.

If you're not a d***, people aren't going to think anything about your height.

What Guys Said 3

• The only reall advantage to being tall, is the ability to reach things on upper shelves in pantry's. Big deal. A second advantage is that it allows you to weed out all the shallow undesirable women from the mix.

• first off. I tried to answer you question and when I rolled over the word "embarrassing" and accidentally clicked it took me to a site about adult diapers. so...

You don't have it too bad being short.

But I digress.

Mainly I'd just remember that they aren't mocking you cause you're short. They're mocking you cause they suck. If you were tall they mock that. if you were average they'd find something else to mock..

so just try and get o'er it

• Headbutt them in the balls.