Why do I earn more with make-up on when I look better without it?

I simply HATE make-up and think I look better without it.

But because of work,I force myself to wear some natural make-up to look more mature.It is really so troublesome,a waste of time and money to shop for it,wear it and remove it at the end of the day.

And because I look polish and professional with some make-up on,I earn much more than when I am wearing none.

why can't I be myself and still earn the same amount? :( I hate to put on a fake face at the workplace everyday.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are make up artists for every filmed or formal situation. It's like wearing a business suit. Without make-Up, women aren't considered serious by a lot of people, especially by other women!

Think of it as part of a uniform, such as a nurse or doctor. Patients would tend not to listen if they didn't 'look like a doctor.'

• why are you always so clever?You are always able to answer what seem like unanswerable to me!

Now I don't hate make-up anymore after hearing what you say.

I will gladly put on my ''uniform'' when I go to work from now on. :)

• Can you add me as a friend, or e mail me? Mpereira@rocketmail.com.

• Ok,I will add you.The reasons why I block all friend requests on this site is that I am really afraid of creepy guys as I have enough in my life.Haha.

I know that those in my friend lists are good guys.Haha.

What Guys Said 3

• Makeup, when done well, will ALWAYS enhance a woman's looks. The better you look, the more pleasant people are with you, and the more money you make.

Think of makeup as a part of the uniform, like us guys wearing a tie. :)

• There are women who look better without makeup. Are rare but they exist. In that case, make-up does not make sense.

• Because better looking earns more. Apparently you are successfully making yourself look better.

What Girls Said 5

• Because you look better with makeup. People like people that look nice and put together. It shows you care about your appearance and put effort into looking nice. You might think you look better without makeup, but a little bit of makeup makes anyone look better

• just because you are a woman it doesn't mean that you HAVE to wear makeup. You don't have to go for the doll face. You can keep it minimal and just use mascara to open up you eyes so you don't look tired and some blush for those healthy rosey cheeks and a lipgloss and you are good to go it takes a couple of min to apply and you don't have to touch it up through out the day or worry that you look too made up

• "And because I look polish(ed) and professional with some make-up on" - you just answered your own question. You look good and in keeping with your environment. You look like you've put some effort in, and people like that.

• This is a well documented and researched fact. People rather buy, hire, and deal with better looking people. No surprise there

• Maybe no one else thinks that