Growth patterns in young men?

I'm 16 years old and I'm currently about a quarter of in inch away from being 5'8". If iat helps, I'm also roughly 126 pounds. I'm not insecure about my height, really, but I do have some questions. My mother is 5'8" and my father is in between 5'10" and 5'11". Based on statistics and my height right now, one would say I would grow to anywhere between 5'10" and 6" tall, so I'm obviously not going to complain. My concern is that I feel my growing has slowed down. When I got my last physical I had grown less than an inch since the previous time a year earlier. Is it possible that my growth may stop early, or is this normal? Most males grow until they are in there early 20's (20, 21 years old) so the fact that my growth is slow is a bit unsettling. I am very healthy and I play sports in case that may affect anything. Thank you for any input :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's true most men grow into their early 20s but it also slows down for them significantly. Most boys expierence a height boost with 13 - 15.Often their bodies can't keep up with that speed that's why many of them are really skinny and look kinda odd. As they grow older they start to fill up more.

Anyways after that boost it slows down for most guys until it stops completley.That's completley normal. I would guess you'd grow about one or 2 more inches.

You can't really influence your height (assuming you're already eating well) but doing tons of sport during puberty will change your bone structure, so that you i.e get broader shoulders which often appears more massive and tall even though you're not

What Girls Said 1

• You're 16

Don't worry. You're still growing

What Guys Said 5

• I'm 5'10" and wish I were taller, maybe 6'2". I could have been too if I weren't such an idiot and actually ate more food (I've always been skinny). I suggest you eat more and stretch for like 15 minutes a day (yoga or something), stretching will really help since it promotes blood circulation and gives your cells more nourishment to grow. I will I followed this advice 6 years ago.

• I eat a ton, dude. I run year round, and after a hard workout there are few limits to how much I can eat. I have an extremely fast metabolism, that's all.

• As for the stretching and stuff, I do a lot of that when I work out, thanks a lot for the advice though. :)

• Good for you, just continue what you're doing and hopefully it helps. Good luck.

• My guess is you'll get another 2 inches or so.

• I actually hit my last growth spurt at 19/20 and topped out around 5'10.

you may be able to activate your growth plates by stretching. Typically guys are done growthing by 20.

• That last sentence is why I'm worried. There could be an underlying health problem if I stop growing at 16 years old. But I definitely will try stretching.

• Your not dowe growing don't worry so much.

• Alright, dude, thanks!

• If you're healthy well nourished and active, you're probably going to grow to whatever height your genes have programmed. Not much you can do about it either way.

• As you now passed the puberty age, now you need height growth supplements to grow taller again.

www.growth-supplements.com/

Thanks!