Is eye contact a generally good sign?

I doubt anyone would make eye contact to those they were uncomfortable with. Usually people tend to give eye contact to those they are comfortable with, those they like, etc. So does eye contact generally mean that person has a positive feeling towards you? Or could someone make eye contact with anyone, regardless? .

Most Helpful Guy

• If they make eye contact and they smile when they see you or talk to you, (watch that the eyes kinda scrunch up too, that shows that its a genuine smile) then you can safely assume they are comfortable / happy to see you.

When people fake body language they tend to focus one one thing (eyes, posture, speech), so watch for multiple signs at once and you'll know its a subconscious decision.

What Guys Said 2

• Oh wow I'm stupid! I read the question and thought you were asking about literally touching eyeball to eyeball. Haha

Anyways, eye contact *might* mean that a person is into you, but usually eye contact is just a trait of a person is comfortable with themselves. As in, not shy or nervous. Looking someone in the eyes when you're talking to them shows confidence.

• supposedly, but y do it, if ur with someone, I swear, I have eye sex with a girl whos got a boyfriend right next to her in class every day, y do it?

What Girls Said 1

• Yeh eye contact can be a good thing but sometime it doesn't mean anything and some times guys might do it on purpose to lead you on so I find eye contact really confusing lol. And I agree with one of the guys about eye contact with someone who is in a relationship-i don't get why guys do that.