Will you talk to someone online if they appear unattractive in their photo?

I see it happen all of the time. Some people won't talk to someone on the internet if their photograph isn't what they they thought it may be or if it isn't good enough.

How many of you pay a lot of atttention to how someone you are talking to on the internet looks?

From what I get from photos, there really is some (at most) to very little accuratey on how someone looks in their photos vs real life.

I've seen very normal or unattractive looking people take photos , and from the angle or the photoshopping they look amazing.

Then I've seen some relatively good looking people, suddenly lose their looks when they take photos because they are un photogeneic.

So how many of you will stop talking to someone because they look ugly in their photo?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on WHY I'm talking to them. I have ~160 friends on this site, very few of which have photos up at all and even fewer are attractive. I'm only here to talk to people and give my opinion / advice though so there's no reason to discriminate against anyone based on their appearance. Though, hypothetically, if I were looking for someone to date, I would most definitely discriminate based on appearance.

What Guys Said 4

• haha, well that has happened to me before, but I don't do that to other people on here. I usually talk to anyone who wants to talk

• The girls saying it wouldn't matter are lying.

• I will talk to anyone regardless of their photo unless they seem narcissistic.

• Someone stopped talking to me because they figured out what I looked like

What Girls Said 3

• I look at photos overall to see what the individual looks like.That's why it is important to look at more than one photo,and to even post multiple photos.HOWEVER,I know what I am interested in,and I can tell overall if I think the individual fits within the guidelines of what I like...by looking at those pics,and usually,I'm right.So yes,it is very possible that If I am talking to someone via internet dating,and I don't think they fit the criteria of what I am looking for,I WILL probably stop talking to him...unless we can just be friends.

• Of course I would. I'm not shallow.

• No.

• Lol I meant no, I won't stop talking to someone because I didn't find their picture attractive. I am not a photogenic myself. My bad