Do people immediatelly assume good looking people are dumb?

okay I know a lot of good looking people who are dumb but I wouldn't immediatelly judge them on looks...

whats your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to assume fake looking people are dumb, but not good looking people (if anything, they tend to be smarter).

But yeah, if they're dressed like a whore, caked in makeup and fake tan, with bleached blond hair, that doesn't exactly scream out "intelligent" to me...

• lool no I mean the natural one

somehow even I think that those fake ones are dumb...

• It's a definite "no" then - I've met far too many people who are both attractive and intelligent to think that.

In fact, the most attractive ones very often seem to be the type who are good at everything - intelligent, sporty, artistic, outgoing, kind, etc...

What Guys Said 3

• Not dumb per say, but for some reaon I wouldn't peg them as geniuses. Anyone can be dumb or clever, but it is rare to find a good looking clever person.

• The opposite may be more true.

• I know a lot of ugly people who are dumb. Who-ever thinks something as dumb as that is...well...just dumb.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that people who assume a person with natural beauty or fake beauty(plastic surgery or tons of make up), could be jealous and have something negative to say.

Also, it could be from movies when the popular, pretty girls are portrayed someone who is mean, not so bright and so dumb they don't know basic spelling. They always get the popular guy and the not so pretty girl has other attributes such as caring and smart. In the end, the average girl gets the popular guy even though she's not good looking.

There can be good looking people who are smart or dumb just like not so good looking people can. It all depends on the individual. I've met good looking and not so good looking girls and guys who are smart and some who are really dumb.

• I see why people would think this,because good looking people get everything handed to them, etc. But some attractive people have had rough lives which make them work harder, like the rest of the uglies of the world...