Has anyone noticed when a guy and a girl are listed has the same height the girl usually appears taller?

the girl usually appears slightly taller than the guy when they stand next to each other example the girl is listed as 5ft7 and the guy is listed at5ft7 the girl is taller and I'm not talking about when a girl is wearing high heels they both are wearing regular 1inche sneakers

Most Helpful Guy

• Idk what pictures you're looking at where they list heights, but it's probably cause men want to be taller so they round up and girls want to be petite so they round down. And so there is a slight discrepancy..

What Girls Said 3

• My ex and I were suppposedly the same height, but in person and in pictures I always appeared taller than him because I had really good posture... he didn't.

• WHAT? o.0 No.

if you have 2 people, regardless of gender, of the same height... the thiner one will always appear longer.. therefore seems taller. This has nothing to do with 'if you're male or female'. That's weird!

• No, I haven't noticed this and it doesn't make any rational sense. If they are standing next to each other then the tops of their heads would be in the same place.

What Guys Said 1

• A lot of men slouch whereas girls tend to walk up straight.