Girls and their makeup?

Why do girls wear makeup. I don't mind that they do but I'm just curious as to why they do. You don't see men doing it, so why women? (yes, I know not all do, but for the most part)

I think women do it because it's a feminine trait...or at least it's become one...as is with all things that are now considered gay for men to do

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes me look better. for one, men's features are a little more defined then a woman's. Make-up makes women look more feminine, and men are drawn to feminine women with defined eyes and lips. The reason why men don't is because women also care about their appearance more than guys do, its the way its happened for who knows how long and men who wear make-up are called gay and a girl with the right make-up can look stunning.

What Girls Said 10

• Because I like to. I like to look done up, not plain and bare faced. I like the glamorous look. I'm not a man so I'm not have the same beauty routine as one.

• Some guys do wear it. I have a gay friend that wears it everyday, and I also have a friend that wears it because he's covering acne scars.

Overall, this has become our perception of beauty. Girls are held up to high standards and wearing makeup is one of them. Even though a lot of girls on here say they don't wear it. Not everybody can get away without it.

When I wear it, I enjoy how I look when I have it on. I don't feel like a slob, and I feel like my look is completed and I'm making effort.

• Men are visual creatures. Other girls wear makeup, so if we don't use it, our competition has an advantage over us. The ones who use makeup will get the best men, and the ones who don't will get the left overs. So girls wear makeup to prevent that from happening.

Obviously this isn't 100% true, but if a guy sees two girls who are equally pretty but one is wearing makeup and the other is not, the one wearing makeup will look better if she did it right.

• I just use a very small amount to accent my favorite features about myself and cover minor flaws like red/dry spots. I don't use much though... most can't even tell I'm wearing makeup.

• i just do it to enhance what's already there. I don't go OTT or do it to cover anything. I don't ever use foundation 99.9% of the time (only if I'm going to something very formal) I just wear mascara eyeliner (sometimes), if I'm just having a day out with friends I'll wear lip gloss and if I'm going out at night I'll wear red lipstick because I like it, especially if I'm wearing a black dress...it's striking.

• cause we grew up watching our moms, grandmoms or older sisters doing their makeup so its just one of those things we think you should do when you grow up.

• And why did your mom, grandma, and older sister(s) do it?

• not always ofcourse but I think makeup is one of those things young girls see as an adult thing, kinda like drinking coffee, doesn't mean everyone will start drinking coffee. but when you are young its the grown up drink, you know what I mean?

• Same can be said about alcohol..and I see young people drinking all the time

• it makes us look photoshopped

• I wear make up as I like to look like I've made an effort while going out. I usually don't bother with make up otherwise.

• Because girls have to look like a princess

• because we look better with it.

What Guys Said 1

• i know just few handful girls who don't put make up still they look pretty and they don't even wear a eyeliner,and I believe women can do without make up on daily basis