Are guys intimidated by tall girls?

I'm 5"8 normally and in heels I'm about six foot. I like wearing heels but do guys get intimidated or just not bother as I'm so tall in heels?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't consider 5'8 to be tall, it's more like taller side of average. But anyway, being tall is not intimidating, it's VERY attractive. This is not a politically correct thing to say and I'm gonna get downvotes from the insecure short girls, but as a very tall guy, I'd never date a short girl. You have to bend all the time, dancing is awkward, you can't even be on the same eye level during missionary which ruins the intimacy of the position etc etc.

Some shorter guys won't approach you because they know how picky girls are when it comes to height, but it's not that they don't find you attractive, it's that they think they don't stand a chance.

What Guys Said 5

• Of course, mostly because women always say they want guys taller than them.

• Agreed. Do guys have a preference for the height of women?

• Depends on the guy. Most don't, but we usually only approach girls smaller because of the above reason.

• i don't mind if she's a tad taller. like 5 11 but 6 foot is too much:/

• heels are kind of unattractive.

• I'm 5'7" so I'm a little shorter than you but I love a tall girl.

• I wouldn't bother because almost every girl wants to be taller than their guy in heels and I'm not taller than 6 foot

What Girls Said 4

• I'm either 5"7 or 5"8, I haven't measured in a while. Generally I find that most guys are actually still quite a bit taller than me. I don't think guys will be intimidated unless they are much shorter. I've been out with shorter guys, personally it is a turn off, they may feel the same about a girl taller than them. But if you do really like someone, and you think they're intimidated, you could always strike up the conversation and ask them if they want to hang out sometime. It doesn't need to be overly formal, just, "hey do you want to come for a coffee sometime?" obviously don't do this with someone you've never really spoken to because that's weird, someone you talk to and are interested in getting to know better. If they say no, that's fine, you don't need to dwell on it any further, if they say yes, great, get to know them a little better and see how things go.

• Yeah I'm 5'11 with no heels but there are tall guys out there and I don't think it makes any difference I like being tall you should too its more fun:D

• Yes, because to men height implies power. However, men love women no matter what shape or size. You might even find that men 5'6" or shorter find you appealing.

• Being tall, you will usually get less takers than short girls as a general rule. However, some guys generally the very tall ones may still be interested