Would guys prefer girls with Makeup vs natural?

Would you prefer a girl with makeup or a girl without makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally.. I think that if make up was never invented everyone would be beautiful so I don't care as long as you don't have layers of it on.

What Guys Said 7

• That depends entirely upon the girl and her ability to use it correctly. If she's a natural beauty, then no makeup is needed. If she's just average then a bit would help enhance what she has. But if a girl doesn't know what she's doing and is heavy handed at it, and it looks like her makeup has been applied by a team of drunk monkeys then she's better off without it.

Good rule of thumb: If in doubt, go without.

• I think that make-up, if it isn't overdone, adds to a girl's natural beauty. Based on this statement, I vote for makeup.

• I think most of us guys all have the same opinion on this topic. I love to see the freckles on top of the girls cheeks just under the eyes so I don't like it when girls wear to much cover up. But I do love a girl that has dark make-up around the eyes (not emo or anything even close)

• I don't like tons of makeup on any girl and I would say if at all possible natural is best because it show you are secure about your looks

• It all depends on the girl. cause some girls have beautiful features that get covered up by makeup. and its a turnoff for me with too much make up. I just end up staring at their cheeks and not really into the conversation.

• I don't care! make up is good but don't over do it, your not a clown. natural is nice whenever. but for events go wit some make that help expose your good qualities.

• I like natural better. If you want to wear make up make sure it's just a light application, and it highlights your features. An over done look is never good. Don't wear make up unless you are doing something that warrants maybe making yourself up a little more, for lack of a better phrase.

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of people here are saying 'the less makeup the better'--it's a good rule of thumb, but I don't think it's always true. Basically, there are different rules for the two types of makeup--drama makeup for the eyes and lips, and face makeup for anywhere else.

'The less the better' is true about face makeup. The less foundation, blush, concealer, whatever, the better. If you have good skin, you don't need face makeup--I don't care if everyone else in your school wears it. If you have bad skin, the makeup will usually be obvious. If you focus on getting your skin to look better without makeup, you'll get a lot more out of your time than you would from trying to get a mask of foundation to look natural. Give yourself mini-facials, exercise, and eat healthy for good skin. In the meantime, try a tiny bit of concealer, only where you need it. Blush is almost always overdone. You don't want to look like you've had something painted on to your face. Use one stroke of the brush for powder; for anything else, only use a dab and remember to dab. You probably won't have to wear blush if you're not wearing foundation anyway. Fix skin problems without makeup.

For drama makeup, it's all about skill. Figure out what lipstick colors and textures (matte, sparkly, glossy, tint) work best for you. Learn good ways to put on eyeliner, shadow, and mascara. If you've got tons of eye and lip makeup on, you're sure not to look good. However, someone with a little more makeup on who really knows what they're doing will look better than someone with less on who doesn't. They might even look like they're wearing less makeup. (I know that my favorite makeup compliments to get are "How do you look so good natural? ")

So you don't have to go totally bare or totally painted, but remember not to use a lot of face makeup--a little concealer might be more than enough. When it comes to drama makeup, don't wear it unless it actually makes you look good.

• natural looking makeup. makeup to cover imperfections and look more polished, but don't pile it on. a guy wants to see your natural beauty.