I am a dude who cars about his looks, and his fashion. Do girls like that or think it's gay?

Anyways, I am a guy who likes to look good. So I put in time into my hair, and buying myself good looking clothes. People have commented and said I look gay, but a lot of others have said I am suave or stylish.

Anyways, do girls like a guy who cares about his looks, or do they like guys who don't give a sh*t? by the way, I am 100% not gay, I like girls and have had girlfriends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dressing well is a major plus. A well tailored suit is to a woman what lingerie is to a man. People only say it looks gay because it's atypical of a straight man and typical of a gay man to dress well. But it all depends on the way you do it. Dress cleanly and neatly and don't go over the top with patterns and accessories. A man in a rhinestone studded jacket is going to show up on even the densest girl's gaydar, but a man in a button up shirt and slacks will still come across as straight.

• "A well tailored suit is to a woman what lingerie is to a man" ... been spending time on the internet I see. lol.

• I may have, but it's true.

What Girls Said 23

• Lol well since I'm the tshirt and jeans kinda chick you ain't my type...but be yourself,to hell with ppl,do what makes you happy

• i like for a guy to look good, by all means its a plus. but I can't stand when guys goes over the top to the very last detail. I'm the type to wear a nice pants and shirt and I'm out the door.

• Look at this way, all girls care how do they look so what is wrong if a guy cares? We like someone who is dressed well and however knowing or not it is the first thing you notice.

• That's awesome. Better than most guys who throws on jeans and a t-shirt ALL the damn time.

Do you consider yourself metro-sexual at all?

I like guys who take care of their appearance but to an extent. I don't want a narcissistic guy and for him to spend more time in the bathroom than in the bedroom with me.

• I probably would be a version of a metrosexual. I am well educated, and studying Law as of next year. Care about my looks.

No way, I get ready and go out and that's it. I spend 10 - 15 min getting ready tops, not including a shower.

• * I also work out 3 times a week, and I am quite cut. I went for swimmer/athletic body. (Dont have those huge pumped muscles).

• Personally I love that. If I go out of my way to look nice and presentable so should the guys!

• I don't understand the logic behind people considering guys who even give two sh*ts about how they present themself having anything to do with a certain sexuality. Whether a guy cares or not, I don't think neither is really bad. But, speaking from personal preference, I do like guys who dress somewhat "fashionable", "stylish".

• I love guys that cares about how they look, it is a turn on. . So you are good.

• Dressing well is one of the most important things a guy can do to attract a girl.

• no I don't think that at all

• i prefer a guy that takes care of himself as most do, but if it's to the extent to where it makes you look gay or questionable, that is not appealing to me, at all.

• I don't really like guys that are into fashion.

It isn't manly.

• i think it's nice when a guy makes an effort to look good. there's nothing gay about it.

• Metrosexuals :)

• oh, I like men who care about appearance and health.

• i think itrs kinda gay :P

• gay means you have sex with men... you're fine...

• I don't know man,

Are you bisexual or in the closet?

If people are telling you that you look gay and YOU WANT a girlfriend then maybe reconsider your style.

It's totally up to you. Your life, do what you feel is right for you.

• Depends how you flaunt it. To be honest I usually don't find those types of men heterosexual...

• damned if you do damned if you dont...

no its not gay but somehow it gets perceived as gay if a guy looks good. usually its girls that need some fashion/style help that think it makes a guy gay.

• i love a guy who can dress well.

but you'd really have to show us pictures of how you dress.

caring doesn't necessarily mean succeeding, for example guys who wear lots of man bling and gelled hair, They obviously care a lot about their looks but the image they give off is gaudy douche bag with no taste.

so yeah, it really comes down to whether you know what you're doing, dressing well is an art.

• As long as you don't take longer than me to get ready I have no problem

• Lol

I think that's awesome !

Whenever I see stylish guys together with their friends (who ain't stylish) , my eyes are naturally directed to the stylish guy !

• You're not the guy for me but I'm sure some girls like thst

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, if you look Italian, the very acme of style for a guy, you'll be labeled as gay in most circles in the US. Mostly by homophobe guys.

Girls actually mostly like gays so they won't give you any grief about your fashion sense. But when they find out you're straight, they will quit talking to you, usually.

• I turned my life around and lost weight and tried dressing better. Most of my friends, especially a girl, accused me of being gay.

• I was a bit overweight a year ago. Lost 10 kilos, went to the gym heaps and got ripped, moved from tshirts and jeans to fhasionable clothes. Got a haircut that suited my face. Yeah, I also get the gay comments. Goon on you for also changed your life around.

• I lost way more than 10lbs and have some skin to show for it. It is what it is though. Better to be healthy and at least presentable than being what people see as a "manly man" sipping on a beer in sweats eating chips.

• Why would you be gay if you aren't into guys?

• Imo that's not gay...just high-maintenance. :-P

• personally, I think it is not manly if a guy cares more about his clothes/hair than his physical fitness.. so, yea, be a bit fashionable, but there is a limit, and make sure to not be more high maintenance than a girl.

• They like it aslong as you don't take as long as them to get ready.