Can you be pretty but not really photogenic?

Hi:) I'm 16 and I was wondering if you can be pretty but not really photogenic. I'm not saying that I'm beautiful or the prettiest girl in the world... I went to a baseball game and some random guy said "wow your beautiful" I don't know if it was a joke or not but the same day I took a picture and I thought I looked ugly:( I think I'm OK looking or decent(only with makeup on tho I hate my face without it and I don't like going outside without it on) looking(tho I have never had a bf..boo lol) I hate having photos taken of me because I think I look so ugly in them. there's only a few pictures of myself that I have actually liked. So can you be pretty in real life but not so much in photos?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I think you can.

What Guys Said 6

• Most people have good and bad photos. I don't think I'm photogenic at all but I'm never called ugly. I actually think I'm pretty decent looking. I just usually don't get that kind of response until I meet someone on person or talk to them on Skype

• My mom use to do makeup on professional models. Most of the models I wouldn't as out ever. Some people have a natural beauty that you can't touch and makeup will only reduce. Don't hope you take great photos because it is not the same as beautiful looking person. A photo model has a look that is just a gift for the camera, very few people have it.

• If pictures are still images of a mirror reflection, shouldn't you be pretty in both photos AND real life?

• Only Neil Patrick Harris can take a great photo every time, if youve seen how I met your mother youd know what I mean, but its defiitely possible to be pretty and take bad pics. The angle could be bad, or the light, or anything. I take bad photos sometimes too and I'm usually very handsome

• Anyone can be photogenic. It has a lot more to do with the camera and light available, and of course the skill of the photographer.

• I don't think that's possible. Most pretty people look decent in photos when the photo's taken right (lighting, camera angle, etc.)

What Girls Said 5

• yep, you can b super pretty and not photogenic & you can b photogenic bt average luking, it doesn't really matter , about pics start taking your own pic with different poses soon you will get your best pose out of practice, and will b having awsm pics soon =)

• Yes its possible like some actors don't make good models

• Yea its possible.random guys call me beautiful but none of my guy friends say I do or say I'm pretty like total strangers.Don't worry your younger than me! I'm 18 and nver even kissed

• yes

• yes, I think so. the lighting & angle can influence how you look in photos. plus a photo captures one second of how you look at that moment...we all have off days but that doesn't mean that we aren't truly beautiful