At the beach. why do women wear silky clear sheets over their bathing suits?

(I noticed them wear them around the bottom part of of their bathing suit)

are they trying to cover something up?

i mean I don't really see the point in this,since being exposed is the case then they're gonna get exposed no matter what later on when they get in the water, then come back out etc

Most Helpful Girl

• I use something like that.. It's called a turkish towel, It is not see through but very sheer, it works both as a towel and a sarong to cover up the bottom half of my bathing suit(for modesty)

What Girls Said 8

• I don't really understand what you're referring to with silky clear sheets. I wear something called a "sarong" usually, mine is almost like this

link

I wear it cause it's just more comfy. Without it I feel a bit exposed.

• They're warm and comfortable. We like the coverage from the wind to. Plus it kinda reduces the amount of sand around our bottom. Some women like the coverage and don't feel as revealed. It's mostly for looks though; they're considered sexy and beachy.

• What do you wear when you go swimming.

i e a skin tight tiny speedo. or do you wear swim shorts, etc. what do you wear? a lot of guys wear swim trunks, do you ask them why they don't wear something more revealing since its more comfortable? no. because you don't want to see their bulge. your question has nothing to do with anything rational or practical. you just want to see ass.

• Well it got your attention, didn't it? :)

Often it's just for looks, but it also makes for a happier girl in other ways, too, like the other answers describe. They may prefer to have some parts of themselves not on display as much, and that's perfectly fine. No one has any right to demand to see her body, and if she covers it up, good for her! Personally, I don't wear skimpy swimsuits because I think a guy should have to invest in me before he gets to see me like that.

• Because they don't want to look too slutty or chubby.

• to feel less revealing, hide imperfections, comfortable.. personally though I don’t like wearing like that and I also don’t like wearing see through cover-ups.. I just don’t like the feeling of “in between” and not really a fan of the look so I prefer something like this link and I only wear it if I go strolling around the island .

• A surong? Or dress to cover up from cold

• I believe it is called modesty. Some of us girls are modest.

What Guys Said 2

• It's called a wrap. It's just to basically cover her up more...for whatever reason she may have. Cold? Imperfections? etc..

• simple answer = because they want to...

it hides imperfections, seems less revealing, keeps sand off, etc...