Girls..does height really matter ?

I am 164 CM, which I guess is like 5' 5". Anyway I am good guy overall. I've got a lot of good qualities that other guys miss. But in the end I notice that girls wouldn't look at me and would rather date or flirt with a 6 foot guy (even if he is a douche bag).

So what do you think, would you date a guy in my height.

and are girls generally so shallow that they only care about physical appearance ?

Also would a tall girl date a short guy. Cause I have a thing for tall girls

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't ever underestimate girls.

Women tend to be attracted to guys not because of their appearance but based on how they present and carry themselves as a person.

Those douche bags get the girls because they are confident on themselves even though they miss out on your qualities, and they approach women without ever thinking whether they're going to be rejected or not.

Be confident. I've seen many short guys who are taking home tall and model-like women.

What Girls Said 9

• a friend of mine was in a relationship with a guy that was shorter than her. I think he was about 3 cm shorter. they broke up, because she couldn't wear high heels. this is one of the reasons girls don't like dating shorter/same height guys. I think this is the most stupid thing in the world. I used to date a guy that was of the same height as me. I really didn't care about the whole high heels thing, as he was a great guy, and not a douche. maybe the girls you are dating are still teenagers. they are still imature, and they think the physical appearance is everything. I m sure there are girls that would date you.

• Well, height is important to me. But I would date a short guy if I really liked him. And I'm sure that there are tall girls who like short guys.

• Nah I think it's like... this whole stigma that a tall guy is a manly man. But I've liked several " short guys" I guess me being 5'2 most guys are taller than me so I can't really give you the perspective of a 5'8 girl. But my answer is yeah there is no problem with it. Just have confidence in yourself and girls will notice you and not your height. :)

• not really. I would like a guy to be taller than me but it's personality that actually matters.

• physical appearance is important of course, and girls often like to wear heels. if with heels she gets taller than her man, its a bit "disturbing"... but if you're handsome and kind and all, I think girls wouldn't mind dating you :)

• Not me caz I'm 5'2

• would you like to date a girl with a flat ass and flat chest? no its not what you would typically prefer and neither is short guys.

• What if I told you that I don't actually care if a girl has a flat chest or ass, what is important is her personality!

• i don't mind a guy who is considered short by others. but personally I want him to be at least the same height that I am. not shorter than me... but more than height his confidence and personality matters.

• I guess flirting is usually based on first impression. But in a relationship its more about personality.

What Guys Said 2

• It does, but I have a cousin who is around 160 and he has had girlfriends and flings since we teenagers. At first impression height may be important, but I will tell you that surity and self confidence is more important. What my cousin lacks in Cm he has in popularity and financials, but even if he didin't have these two thing he would still get girls because he is a cool guy. If a girl says no due to your height only tell her that it is fine because you only date women anyway :)

• I sympathize with you. I too am just 5-6 and face the same thing. however my wife was shorter than me, but she died some years ago. One day, you may be lucky.