For my GAG-ers who are about looks..

Guys-Would you ever date a woman who wasn't that attractive, but looked better when she had makeup on? You'd ask her to wear it the majority of the time.

Girls- Do looks matter to you that much?

-love Sosa

Most Helpful Girl

• I think many people forget that when they fall in love with someone it's not just about appearance all the time. You learn to also see the person inside, and not just their face. It's like when you look at them again you see their entire being all of a sudden. Initially looks are important yes and guys will admit this, same with girls but I do think after a while the attraction starts to get more intense and personal and less looks inclined. Guys have to realize that we will look different when we don't have make-up on. It's just a fact of life. Guys think mostly that girls will look exactly like they do with make-up or just a little bit different but unfortunately it's not how it is usually is. We have set the bars high. Take a look at the kind of girls most guys would think of as hot ... they do tend to wear make-up.. and a lot. Guys think it's "natural" but they don't realize it's actually not. They didn't wake up like that... no girl wakes up with perfectly airbrushed skin.

What Guys Said 9

• For a girl to be attractive with make up she has to be at least average without I reckon.

I'm goingnto say yes.

I like make up. I think it's cute that a girl would do the effort for me. I think it's like a man in a suit, maybe he looks plain without it, but if he is willing to go that extra mile all the time...

Looks fade away but the effort can make up for it. I know an elderly couple and she still wares make up and earrings and fancy clothes when they go out, I think it's the most romantic gesture a woman can make.

For the record, pretty with make up does not mean looking like a whore or a clown.

• Looks don't matter to me. As long as a woman has a torso and maybe a little bit of fuzz on her noggin, I'm good with it.

• let's face it; for men, quality men, looks are important. I mean, who's gonna be with a cow?

no, I would never be a with a woman I'm not attracted to her when she's without a makeup. even if she looks really hot with a makeup on, the thought how she looks without it would haunt me.

• haha.. haunt seems a bit strong, but I see your point.

• Since I prefer my girls sans make-up, I would not date one that wasn't attractive au natural.

• As long as I'm physically attracted to her I'm fine. Enjoying time with her and trust is more important.

• There has to be physical attraction for both genders. If I didn't find the girl attractive, I wouldn't be able to date her. My standards are not high though, I'm more picky with personality.

• Every time I ignored personality and dated because of pure attraction I always got cheated on. I guess it's my fault though I just can't find someone with both looks and personality.

• Make-up is not attractive. If wanted to date someone who wore make-up, I'd date a clown.

• Furthermore, ask yourself this. Do women like to date men who wear a hair piece? After all, they will probably look better with it.

• Perhaps this is a case of the chicken and the egg? If women didn't start wearing makeup, guys wouldn't care? Did some man sit back and say, women would look much better with make-up? Or did women start dressing up and putting on make-up and then men noticed?

• Hmm, I guess we'll never know; but either way, too late to change it now.

-LS

• No I won't. And I'm not a fan of make-up either.

What Girls Said 5

• For dating material I need to be physically attracted to the guy. I think that's the first level. If he turns me on and I dream about being all over him, then there is the next level, which is personality. He can be extremely good looking but if he's dumb as hell, or boring or arrogant or simply unbearable, then I start seeing him ugly. If he's good looking and interesting, fun to be with, then I'm dating him.

He can be amazing but if I'm not attracted to him, I'm not interested in dating him.

HOWEVER, I've grown to be attracted to some guys in the past, that at first I wouldn't have considered as dating material. It was their personality that made me see them handsome. It's a bit more difficult this way, but it can happen. Let's also note that "good looking" varies for everybody and I have been known to have a regular taste in men... (not so handsome).

• I love that all guys think that girls don't wear makeup or would choose not too if they stamp their feet and say they don't like it. Yeahhhhh right.

If my boyfriend told me that, I'd laugh and say I would anyways.

A good 90% of the girls that guys say are wearing no makeup actually are and they just can't tell. Of course if it's obvious you can.

I know a girl in college that wears relatively minimal makeup and the one day she wasn't...this guy asked her if she was tired and sick, and she replied that she just wasn't wearing any makeup.

• They claim they won't date girls like that will, but guys do the opposite of what they say

• same with girls they say want to date some particular type of guy & date someone else

• It's like 40% looks and 60% personality in my opinion...personality is more important than looks but I do feel there DEFINITELY needs to be a physical attraction otherwise I will not see him as more than a friend.

• Of course looks matter. If we do end up getting married, I can't have our child being miserable living with a monster-like face and body.

• But there are kids who end up like that anyway, so what's your point?

-love Sosa

• No one is born ugly unless they are defective. I used to think I was ugly because my mom would always say things about me like I am too short, eyes too small, hair too thick, that I smell bad, etc. Then I realize after growing brains that I am not what she said. My face and body is proportional, and deoderant and toothpaste are created for a purpose. Basically, I am not ugly because I was not born defective with abnormal features. My parents both have proportional face and body.

• Hmm, point taken

-love Sosa