Girls: do you put on makeup for guys or for yourself?

I was putting on makeup and a friend of mine asked why I was doing that when I already had a boyfriend. She said she was lucky that her boyfriend loved her no matter what. I put on makeup for myself not for my boyfriend.

Girls- do you put on makeup for guys or yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Both. It seems like guys don't care that much. Some even prefer no makeup. But if I just wear light natural makeup, I think guys do like that.

Personally, I think I look a lot better with a little makeup, so it does make me feel more confident.

Sometimes I really want to wear it, and other times I don't, so it just depends on my mood.

• Best answer...there is no "guy or girl" answer here. If you care about both your boyfriend and yourself, then you'll wear it or not wear it. People who only think about themselves when they do things, are selfish ingrates

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 13

• I do it for myself.if you're pretty guys will be attracted to you no matter what so it doesn't matter about glamming up if you're only doing it to please guys

I've had guys tell me to be more natural but I don't listen to them

• For myself. I like how it looks even when I put a little on. I feel like it completes everything. Especially when I go to work, I think I look much nicer.

I don't always wear it outside of work though. I like not taking the time to apply it, or having to remove it.

My boyfriend doesn't particularly care though. If he did and told me to quit wearing it, I would tell him I would anyways.

• Btw, inb4 a guy puts on here "this is why girls needs to quit being insecure! They THINK they need makeup when in reality they don't. Natural, natural, natural."

• When I do it is for myself, mainly because I'm having a bit of a break out and would like to cover it up as mine tend to be very distracting and I find it embarrassing.

• I honestly go through phases where I won't wear makeup and where I will, but I've figured out that even if I don't, the one thing I NEED to do is fill in my eyebrows will a pencil.

I do it for myself. I don't typically think of myself as pretty, but makeup helps me feel content with looking in the mirror...

My boyfriend doesn't care, but when we're going out I know he appreciates the extra effort

• For myself...it's not like a little girl looks at grown ups wearing makeup thinking wow I can't wait till I like boys so I have a reason to wear that. It's for yourself, if you didn't want to wear it why would you for a guy?

• I look better with makeup.

• For me. My man loves me regardless, but makeup makes me feel more beautiful.

• When I want to wear it, I wear it for myself. I like how it looks and stuff .

• Only for me. When I choose not to wear it, it is also for me.

• I put on makeup for myself. I think I look better with it.

• for myself

• I don't wear makeup, but if I did it wouldn't be for anyone but myself.

• I've always worn it for myself. I think I look better and it makes me more confident. If guys don't like it, then that's their problem.