What is with all the height questions?

What is with all the height questions lately? Why does everyone put so much emphasis on how tall or short someone is? I mean its not even something you can control!

Im 6'4'' tall and could careless what others think, I'm completely happy with my height! :)

So my question to you is; How important is height(or the lack of) when looking for a SO?

• Height IS an importrant factor when looking for a SO
  • Height is NOT an important factor when looking for a SO
  • See answers/Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not attracted to short girls. I can't help it, I'm just not. It's a huge turnoff if a girl is short, but that's because I'm very tall myself and don't want someone half my size. Girls 5'9 and taller are perfect for me.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm 5'8" and a guy. Would you date a guy who is 5'8" being that you are 6'4"? Or would you think that he is too small for you and that you need a guy who is at least 6'0"?

For me, I don't care how tall women are...rather, it's women who weed out guys based on height. I'd love to have either a 6'4" girlfriend or a 4'8" girlfriend, but if there are more guys around who are taller than me it makes me look short and makes me feel emasculated; the end result is that women will focus all attention on the taller dudes. But if I'm the tallest person in a group, not only do I feel taller but I actually do notice that I get more attention from the women in the group! It's a competition-based phenomenon.

Shorter guys know this feeling all too much. I'm not sure why tall guys complain about their heights (seems kind of like complaining about getting taxed for winning the lottery or something).

I voted B for my personal preference, but my belief is A is what most people would think (you should really clarify whether the question is for how people personally feel vs how they think everyone else feels).

(This is my 256th answer! I've broken the double digit hexadecimal boundary! #nerd)

• i would date a guy 5'8'' or even shorter and have! :D

• That's because you are a good person =)

Well, barring height (except for posture and possibly a tiny bit of spinal cord stretching) I am currently on a quest of self-improvement, because (as I'm sure you guys should be well aware) there is more to physical attraction than just height.

• Simple; People want to be attractive in someone's eyes at least if not all and check if they really are. Is this a question or a superiority rant?

• how would this be a superiority rant?

• Very important but not something I do willingly, I'm just way more physically attracted to short girls. I'm a fair bit taller than the girls I'm normally into it sometimes gets weird but we manage.

• Its an issue because short guys don't stand a chance in the current dating world..so most guys are naturally worried if they are too short.

• Well I'm shorter so I worry girls won't like it.

• Since I'm 5'7, and don't want a SO taller than me, its important

• Be proud of your height. Always.

• always have been always will be!

• lol at the shallow people stating height is an important factor.

• It's the same few sad sacks who are desperate to blame their failure with the opposite sex on something beyond their control.

• If you found a guy who was nearly perfect but was only 5'1 (my height) would it really not effect if you'll go out with him?

• no it would really affect me, besides I've dated guys shorter than 5' anyways

• Yeah but how big are your boobs? We all have our insecurities and that's one reason for GAG. ;)

To answer your question, I am 6' 3" and am strongly attracted to shorter women (5' 2" and shorter). It's not a choice...just how I am.

• heights not that important to me. Honestly like over 90 percent of girls probably have a height that works for me

What Girls Said 4

• 6'4? Wow girl. Yeah I'm 5'6 and I'm normally attracted to guys my height or a couple inches above. I don't know I guess women normally like to be w someone taller then them cause it makes them feel like their man can protect them or somethin. Guys normally like girls that are shorter then them cause if the girl is towering over him he may not feel quite as manly. I've been w guys that were over 6 feet and in terms of sex and kissing it just didn't work as well for me. I get what you're saying but height along with weight, looks, personality, etc. all factors into the equation for most people.

• Irk.shoes and hair help with height

• I think it's more like a subconscious biological imperative so I don't consider it being shallow as some do(that's like saying wanting to be with someone attractive is shallow which imo that's not the case either). I do think some people look past height, but I do think initially it's a knee jerk reaction to like a guy who's taller than you or to like a woman who's shorter than you, but if you are attracted to them on other levels it will become less important or not important at all.

• I don't really care that much about height.

I do worry guys might find me too short. I currently like someone who is 6'2 and I like of worry that he might find me too small. People talk about how short I am often.

• Oops, I meant: I currently like someone who is 6'2 and I KIND of worry that he might find me too small. I meant kind, not like.

• Actually, opposites attract. It's cliche, but generally true. Tall guys often like shorter women.

• I'm about 6.1, I find myself to generally be way more attracted to girls between 4.9 and 5.2. Small girls look much cutter and are normally more curvy.