If I don't smile at a guy what do guys think?

say he looks at me and I don't smile or anything, just give like a blank stare. They say to smile & look friendly if you want to meet more guys... but what if I just don't feel like smiling or why do I have to be the one to make a first move?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think she doesn't like me, or hates something about, in which case it's a signal for me not to get near her and the least thing to do is talk to her. Or a lot is on her mind and she's stressed because of that, not really seeing what's around her, in which case I would be very cautious as well. Maybe she's even angry or something, and it's a terrible moment to go talk to her.

Smiling is not considered a first move, it's not a move at all. An actual move is when you go approach the guy and initiate a conversation. You smiling is just being friendly and showing some interest. When you smile at people you comfort them, and you send a signal that it's okay to approach you, talk to you. You appear more open to others.

What Guys Said 4

• How is smiling in return the "First move" that is just simply being courteous. If you don't want to smile, don't, but you are sending a much broader social signal of 'leave me alone' whether you mean to or not.

I am not saying this in a bad way about you, I am just telling you how you will most likely be perceived.

• "Must have a lot on her mind." It won't generate much interest or follow through from guys like me.

• Smiling makes you come off as more approachable. If a girl doesn't smile a guy will probably think she doesn't want to be approached, or that shes' stuck up

• Smiling isn't the first move lmao. SMH...

Personally, I'd think she wasn't interested in me and/or isn't very easy to get along with.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel your pain, I have weird teeth which I'm working trying to get fixed so I don't smile, on top of that, I just don't smile unless something is funny :/

• That you aren't interested in them

• Lmao! You sound like me! I would just smirk or something or do the "up" nod ;) hehe