How do I stop feeling bad about my body?

Ok so I think I'm fat...But my friends just say I'm thick or curvy is that just a nice way to tell me I'm fat . I'm 5"2 an way 138 am I over weight ? I were a medium in shirts and. A 9 0r 11 in juners am I fat over weight or is it all in my head?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey, we're the same weight and height. Yes, we are in the overweight scale according to the BMI. As far as I'm concerned, my doc says I'm one of the healthiest of her patients. Everything is normal and chipper. But I still intend on losing some weight and toning up this summer. If you don't like something, change it. Hitting the gym or applying a daily exercise regimen is not difficult. I lost about 10 pounds last summer, then gained back a lot of that this semester due to stress, but it's very easy to lose the weight and to stick to it if you are a fairly disciplined individual. You are not "fat" by any means, but it sounds like we have the same body and I can admit that I have some flub in the tums that needs to go. My suggestion is to either change what you don't like or learn to love what you have. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• i would say you are a bit more on the thick side especially with ure height

so go hit the gym and put a big smile on you're face baby!

What Girls Said 6

• If you are unhappy with how you look you should do something about it. Exercise, eat healthier, stay active, enroll in some activities that will boost your self esteem. I'm not going to tell you that you are fat or you are not because ultimately the only person's view that matters is your own. We come in all shapes and sizes; that's the beauty of this world. All you can do is look out for yourself and work on what brings you down. If you think you are fat than take action.

• According to your BMI, you're overweight.

But, on the bright side, you're on the borderline between healthy and overweight - so you don't need to lose much.

If you really feel awful about yourself, then talk to your GP about good weight loss tips.

For your own health, losing weight is a necessity!

• BMI say's you're overweight...

btw, it's WEIGH, not WAY. wear, not were, and juniors not juners.

• fyi (this is for everyone) The BMI assumes that all your weight is pure fat. So you can be thinner than someone else and weigh more because you have more muscle (muscle is heavier than fat) and therefore have a higher BMI even though you are slimmer and healthier than they are. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that out there.

• You sound like a normal chickadee. Your exact pant and shirt size doesn't matter in the least, so long as you carry yourself well.

If you want that extra bit of sparkling confidence though, why not just go to the gym every now and then and do a quick workout? It's a miracle worker because it releases endorphins which makes you happy, and you feel like you've accomplished something. Win-Win situation.

• Thick and curvy is NOT a nice way of saying fat. Those are 2 totally different body types. You can say your height and weight all day, but unless you have a pic that's not saying anything because we don't know how you look and carry your weight. I don't really know if you are fat or not honestly but you sound like you may be thick and probably have a big booty (no offense, I mean this in a good way). You don't have to be skinny to be hot and not all skinny people are hot. If you're self conscious with your body then change, but do it for no one else but you!