Guys is looking really young a turn off? And would you take women that look young seriously?

My Mom keeps telling that looking younger than your age is great when you're 40. But well I'm 20 and it just sucks. Appearently I look like twelve. Yesterday I went to the movies and they insisted on me showing my id because they didn't believe I was 13 yet.

I can't really change it. I try to dress more grown up but appearently it doesn't work. My ex was 27 and people always thought he was my brother or sometimes even father. If people think I'm that young, I'm just wondering what kind of guys I would be attracting? I do get hit on a lot but appearently I look like a child so I don't get what they see in me?

In college that's kinda my main concern about my appearence but I'll be graduating next summer and I can't help but to wonder if people in the professional world would treat me as serious as they would others

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 31 and have a young face and still get carded for everything. I love young looking girls. As long as you act mature and like a lady, I have no problem with it. You might want be the one starting to flirt with me first though, cause I might think you're jailbait until I realize you're actually in college. Girls that are 12 years old, off-limits. Girls that are 20 and look like 12, that's cute/hot. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Instead of being turned off maybe they'd be more cautious. The last thing they want is to look like a pedo and got arrested or something..

As for work, people are probably gonna be surprised when they see you for the first time but it shouldn't be a problem once they know you. It's all about how you carry yourself.. you may look like 12 but if you act like how matured people do then people will respect you.

• There is a girl I know that is 18 but looks 12. I can't take her seriously. Not just because of her appearance. It is her appearance combined with the way she acts and dresses.

At the end of the day you will just need to work harder to be taken seriously. Don't go around acting like a jerk, because then everyone will think you're immature.

Dress older. Wear make up. Avoid anything juvenile and kid like (Hello Kitty, fanny packs, superhero crap).

What Girls Said 3

• Can we see what you look like, because that is a bit hard to imagine.

• I'd rather not have a picture online but I agree I think realistcally I look more like 14 or 15 maybe. I just don't get why people sometimes I'm so young

• Well, the bright side is that you won't look old for a while... To avoid guys with a weird Lolita complex try to meet a guy in your work place. Ones that you have known for a while or date friends. I don't look young, but occasionally I'll get the waiter at a restaurant that will refuse to give me an adult menu. It annoying :/

• I'm not it's hard to believe. I know a woman that suffers from some disorder that stopped her from ageing past twelve. She's now 22. So, when the question asker said that she looks twelve I didn't know if she meant she literally looks prepubessnt or just looks like a teenager.

• Not a turn off but more like a deflector but I bet old geezers still approach you :/

wearing make up should help

• I have that problem too. I'm 26, but people always say I look like I am 19 or 20. I still get ID'd and it can be really annoying. The one time I forgot my ID and so I wasn't allowed to buy alcohol just because of that. People tell me I should be flattered. I guess it's kind of nice, but it's annoying at the same time. I like someone in their thirties, and I get worried that he might not be interested because I look so young. He's 37.

• Guys will ALWAYS like a woman that looks young. Guys like young girls, girls like older guys. Nothing to worry about.