Guys, would you go and look for someone else if she says she wants to be a doctor?

I'm just wondering if guys would ever leave a girl because she's going into medicine. I know that most guys leave a girl because it's gonna take a lot of years just to get your M.D. Are you willing to wait for around 10 years for a girl or go and look for someone else?

It's just that I've known this couple who was very happy together until the guy left her on her first year in medschool. I'm afraid that would happen to me. I mean, he knows I'm planning to go into med but he still doesn't know I'm already decided.

I know that guys are different, but I just want to know how the majority would react to this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Medical students have no time for relationships with normal people, which is why medical students have so much sex with other medical students.

The men are also amongst the most prone to sleep around when they become doctors, and the women are more likely to "trade up" in relationship terms.

Generally speaking, they make a lousy investment in relationship terms. I'd probably try to make it work, for the right girl, but in the back of my mind I'd be expecting it to fail sooner than later.

What Guys Said 2

• I have noticed that people who work in the medical field (especially at hospitals) carry a lot of pressure on their shoulders, and are often prone to releasing it by having sex with other staff members.

This said, I would still try to make the relationship work. Medical studies are a real time eater, so the relationship would probably be hard, but if you are faithful to him, it shouldn't objectively be a problem.

• I would be supportive 100%

What Girls Said 1

• If he leaves you because you want to be a doctor then he is not worthy of you. I am sure some guys would for varying reasons but you should not worry about that and just go after your dreams.