Why did he act like this?

My boyfriend of six months recently broke up with me. This was my longest relationship, and I had a lot of feelings for him. Obviously, I was really sad that he was breaking up with me and so I teared up a little. He wasn't mean about it and he told me that he thought I was super beautiful and super sweet but that we were just going in different directions and blah, blah blah. While he was telling me all this stuff he wouldn't really look at me like he kept looking at the TV or outside, and would only glance at me...why was he acting like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he can't face you and look at you, it is a sign that he is inwardly ashamed. His reasons may be that he is interested in someone else or was having an affair and wanted to stop it because of how wrong it made him feel. He also may genuinely be disinterested (people do grow apart sometimes, read a book called The Missing Piece Meets the Big O, by Shel Silverstein) Whatever the case, you are probably better off breaking up. If you refused to have sex with him, that could also be a reason; but it is not a good reason and you would be better off not dating a guy like that. On the bright side 6 months is not long. If you hit 2 years, then it's time to think about deeper commitment. Before that, just enjoy the guy and get to know him. Don't even think of marriage before that or you may be very disappointed.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Because he doesn't like hurting you and feels uncomfortable.

Breaking up with someone is hard.

• He was upset about it and probably didn't like the fact you were crying because you were hurt. Most guys will act like this when in this situation.