Tall girls, is it a turn off ?

I'm a 5'9'', 144 lbs, I'm thin, but not skinny though, I'm taller than most guys I know and it's killing me :D haha, nobody seems to ask me out, like it happens occasionally, even though people usually say that I look 'cute' is it a turn off to be tall? and would you date a girl taller than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know for me. I'm 5'8 that I actually find girls taller than me very sexy. My friend is always pointing taller girls when we are out and saying, "yo dude there she is" but in all honesy I rarely approach them because it is a bit intimidating

I know being a shorter guy that I have been specifically told by taller girls or through their friends that I'm too short. So it has created for me a bit of a stigma towards taller women since I assume I'll be rejected because I'm shorter than they are. I know this isn't fair as not all taller women feel this way but it has shaped my outlook.

but I do not think tall girls are a turn off. I actually find their height to be a turn on

What Guys Said 8

• I dated a taller girl back I my teens and I had no problem with it. A lot of the other teen guys thought I was weird, but the girls all applauded me for it.

• Move.

I find short girls cute.

I consider 5'9" girls at the top of the average height range. Not 'tall' though.

Where do you live?

• middle east, the average man here is abou 5'7'' or 5'8'' maybe so I AM taller than the average men here ! :D

• Move to North America or Scandinavia. :). Maybe Eastern Europe.

my mother is 5'8-5'9, wife 5'8-5'9, sister 5'7 I think, mother in law 5'10+ and my daughters are on a path to go well past 5'10+

• well maybe when I have enough money :D

• Not for me. I'm 6'0 and I would date someone taller than me if I didn't think that they were turned off by my height. Your height is close to what I think is the ideal height for someone I would date (Not that I wouldn't date someone a lot shorter or taller).

• I think most guys assume tall girls don't want to date them, so they avoid trying for someone they feel they cannot achieve. Your height is almost mine and I always thought it would be interesting to date a girl in your height range.

• im 6 feet and I seem pretty average in height. I like average sized girls and I don't know if id date a girl taller than me but definitely the same height.

• I'm 5'11 and that will probably be a bit too tall for me, but I mean I'm on the short side anyway but most guys I know love it. Like my 5'6 friend only wants to date girls taller than him, so depends on the guy I guess

• Tall girls are a turn on with their long legs.

• I honestly don't bother with tall girls, they have a really high and stupid expectations for height. I am 5'11 btw.

What Girls Said 1

• Models are tall and well most of my friends won't date a guy shorter than them