Laser hair removal?

has anyone ever done this? on what area (s)? did it hurt? did it last?

i'm thinking of getting my eyebrows and armpits done depending on the answers..

Most Helpful Guy

• I know little about this but I guess I'll answer.

laser hair removal is PERMANENT. The laser kills the hair follicle so hair never grows back when the laser touched.

Um, I think they put clear gel stuff on your skin when using the laser. I'm not sure if it will hurt but I know some lasers in cosmetic procedures like this feel like heat. But there are so many cosmetic procedures out there and they use laser at different frequencies so I can't be 100% sure.

• I would add the clarification that it is SUPPOSED TO BE permanent. Reality doesn't always turn out as exact as the theory. (I didn't give you the disagree, but I know laser removal is not always permanent for everybody)

• Oh.... Well thanks :)

Lol, think a laser could do it's job. And I don't mind being voted down.

What Guys Said 1

• Have you thought about laser hair removal on your vajayjay?

What Girls Said 7

• I would do larger areas (like legs, bikini, underarms, chin, etc...) but not brows. You actually have to shave the area beforehand. With age and weight gain/loss, your browshape should change to fit your face shape. I wouldn't want something too permanent. Plus, there's too much room for error.

Plus, you're looking at up to 6-8 sessions. Make sure to think about this before going through with it.

• My aunt is having this done, and she's about halfway done with a series of treatments on her legs and parts of her face. She told me it feel similar to someone lightly snapping a rubber band against your skin.

• ouch. it sounds like it might just be worth it to keep plucking and shaving! armpits might not be too bad but really is it worth the cost? how much does it cost anyway? but yeah I would be really worried that they would mess up because stuff like that always happens to me. as for the hurting, it probably depends on your skin type. more sensitive skin would probably hurt a lot more.

• Well, I've never done it, but if it's supposed to be "PERMANENT" like BinaryIllusion said, lol think before where you want it removed, yeah, armpits, but think about eyebrows, ya'know if they mess up there isn't much you can do to fix it. :]

• Do it anywhere but not on you armpits I asked the doctor and he said its not good! Also bikini areas are not good for lasers! I never done it but I prefer waxing, leaves your skin smooth and after a couple of tries the hair decreases!

• I heard it doesn't hurt but it does feel rather uncomfortable. But I guess it depends on your tolerance for pain.

• my friend got this done on her arms, and she said it hurts so much that she's not going back for a second treatment of it