Why do they say skinny jeans are for girls with ruler body in other words with no curves?

I have a hourglass figure (part of being Latina) and I have a decent bra cup, a itty bitty waist, and a nice firm big booty. I'm 5'5 and 118-120ibs. I wear skinny jeans and guys don't tell me I look bad at all, I get hit on even more. friends tell me skinny jeans usually look better on girls with no booty. Guys love how my ass look in those skinny jeans and so do I... heck, I've seen girls look at my ass. So what are they talking about? They curvy like me too so they can't be hating.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have yet to see a girl (myself included) who isn't (not necessarily super thin, but "straight", no curves, or very mild curves) who look good in skinny jeans. To me it's just makes the curvy shape really unappealing, it makes your (universal "you" not YOU) hips/butt/thighs look huge and disproportionate compared to the rest of your body.

I just really don't think that the shape they form on a curvy body is appealing. You don't need to be super skinny to wear them, you just need to have a straighter silhouette, because otherwise the angles are too drastic and they add weight and make things look out of shape and... weird.

I think that every individual, and every body type has styles that look good on them and not many of those styles work with skinny jeans/pants.

I actually had to go pant shopping today and halfway through (after going to seven stores, including two thrift stores) and only finding ONE pair of non skinny pants and those were pocketless beige business pants, I almost had a melt down on one of the clerks.

I think it's also that I have a personal vendetta against the fashion. I think they're just the most impractical, uncomfortable and stupidest forms of pant I've ever seen. I mean, christ, I can't move in them, they're not comfortable and they stretch out after an hour and hang awkwardly loose/tight against your legs and make everything look kinda droopy and bleh. It's taken over everything, there is no where to buy "normal" pants any more and it makes me so damn angry.

But yeah, that's my rant. I won't judge you, if you think you look good and you're confident that's all that matters, who gives a f*** what other people thing? Every one is different.

• I agree. For the most part curvier body types tend to turn into the "ice cream cone" shape which just draws attention to your hips and makes them look larger instead of more balanced. you can get a straighter cut jean that still makes your ass look great. they are really hard to find. I have this problem myself and its super frustrating. or finding nice tops now adays that fit a larger bust without having a huge waist. all the cup sizes on shirts now are tiny.

• Yeah, and the arms/shoulders. Good god I'm sorry I'm a swimmer and have bulky muscles. Whenever I go clothes shopping shirts squish my t*ts in to funny shapes, or are WAY too big for my waist and make me look huge, or squeeze so tight around my arms you'd think I was trying to be subtle about shooting up heroin. And pants. Well f*** I've given up on pants entirely. I just buy everything on line because I look worse than a yeti in a thong when I wear anything remotely in the "skinny" style.

What Guys Said 3

• Forget about that. Jeans look good on anybody. Guy or girl. That's why they're so popular. Curvy girls wearing skinny jeans look great too

• Didn't you ask a question before how girls check you out and then you bragged about your body? link

These questions seem might similar...

• just because you're getting looks doesn't mean they think you look good.

maybe your friends are trying to tell you something...

What Girls Said 3

• link

link

- Wear it well and fittingly and you'll have no problems.

• Those girls are "bigger" but they're not curvy. Their bodies are all very straight. Their hips, waist and bust are all fairly close in measurements. Skinny doesn't equal ruler and having a bit of meat on your bones doesn't mean your curvy. Those women look great because they don't have curves so their bodies fit nicely into skinny jeans and it accentuates their legs and makes them look good.

• Not once did I say they're curvy. But good to know.

• it's not true I think skinny jeans are flattering on most body types. I have a lot of curves..i'm not fat though and I really only look good in skinny or straight leg jeans.

• Your skinny it sounds like so you would look great in them.