Is it weird to want to have a little girl when I get older?

Look I'm still just in my late teens, and I know its not something that I would want to do now or any time soon. But for some reason I can't get the Idea of having a baby girl when I'm older of my own out of my head. Is that weird for someone my age? Like duh I'm not gonna tell anyone about it or anything but... I don't know I think of having a family with a little girl or boy and it just makes me smile for some reason, like I have something to really look forward to. I don't know if I should even be thinking about this at this age but it seems to make me really happy to think about it :)

Thanks for your responses guys! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• thank...goodness! there is now a guy tht exists tht is seemingly not afraid of the 'baby/children' topic. itz totally cool tuh think about your future at this age...u actually SHOULD...itz the lack of planning and even thought tht gets most of the genration into baby trouble...im 19 and I'm thinking of the number and maybe names even...but the actual hearing little pattering feet...?yeeeeeah...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the future. my uterus is no going in commision for no amount of money anytime soon. tht sucker is on lock! XD and secondly...u want a little girl? I'm surprised tuh hear tht coming from a guy...usually the staus thing is have a little boy...raise him rough..teach him how to tackle...blah blah blah...so itz kinda nice knowing one guy actually WaNTS a girl :) keep being happy!

• Lol is it really that weird to want a girl? :$ I don't know something about it just really really appeals to me :) And no I agree its def a thing to wait for the future. Thank you for your support though! I wish you all the best

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's cute you have something to look forward to. there is a friend of mine who told me too, that he really wants a baby girl whenever he found the one. all I can say is - I hope you show your daughter what a real man is all about so she knows what to look out for when she is old enough.

• Haha thank you very much XD. If it happens I will sure do my best!

• It's a carrying on the legacy type of thing, and normal.

I even had a friend who was a player, but when he talked about being a dad in the future he would light up and suddenly seemed to become loyal in another sense.

I think it's like a self pride type of thing or something.

Then again, I don't want kids...so idk

• Haha aww that's cute! No, it's not weird to be thinking about kids for the future. It's completely normal to be thinking about settling down once you're ready. I hope you can share this question with your future baby girl!

• Lol that's not weird. Lots of teenagers want kids and I think a lot of males want daughters. I don't see how that's weird.

• its not weird at all. I think it just gives you that warm feeling . wanting to have children is a good thing :)

• I don't think that's weird, I'm the same! It's really cute! :)

• My brothers wxactly the same, personally I'm not maternal and I have no interest in kids what so ever but some people are just ment to be parents

• Do you have any siblings? But yeah I think it's pretty normal because we were built to reproduce. Now combine that with our hormones and I can understand why you fell this way. I'm sure you aren't the only guy like this but guys are probably less likely to admit it. I want a little girl too. I love kids in general but I've always felt more of a connection with little girls. That sentence sounds so much weirder than I meant it to be

What Guys Said 2

• I'm a bit older than you, but if I ever get around to having kids, I want at least one girl.

Boys are stupid :P

• I know what you mean. I've always liked kids and been pretty good with them since I was 12. When I got into late teens I started wondering what kind of father I'd be one day. I'm the uncle of three boys and a girl, and I love them to death (even though they can be pains in the rear at times lol.)

I guess on a subconscious level because I didn't have my father in my life, I want to be the dad to my (possible) kids that he wasn't to me and my siblings.

I think these thoughts just show you are family oriented.