Do you think I would look better if I got a haircut?

ok so I kinda have a weird shape head, so I like to keep my hair long, but I feel like like when black guys have long hair it makes them look disorganized... what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are concerned that your head might be a bit funny shaped then I say go with the longer hair. It's true that longer hair often looks bad on black men but it's because they tend not to do anything with it beside run a comb through it. There is a lot you can do with longer hair though...perhaps put a nice curl in it: link or have it texturized: link

If you don't want to put any chemicals in your hair, my guy friend gels up his long hair and kind of like twist it around his finger to make sort of a curly look. I'd show you a picture but I don't know if he'd want his big black head on GAG lol.

And just my personal opinion, but I think twist look better on black men that cornrows. Cornrows I think are great in the summer but when you out in the professional world or just even going to school they can give off the wrong impression. I think twist can be done in a really classy way though: link

What Girls Said 5

• It only looks unorganized if you do not take good care of it.

Keep it combed.

Keep it trimmed.

If it is long enough do twists or braids, and make sure to wear a Durag at night.

I think you should keep your hair grown out if you like it that way.

• Lol You don't look 30 to 35. You look 16. But You should get a fade or tell you barber to straighten out your fro. Because the fro makes you looked disorganized not the long hair.

• Yes. A nice clean shaven head of hair on a blac guy looks best. Afros (even small) tend to be a little messy looking. Also try cornrows!

• Lol I like short hair or waves but I think long curly is hot

• Yes longer hair on black men can look a little messy. I'd say get a cut if you don't like that look but it's up to you if you are self conscious about the way your head is shaped.

What Guys Said 2

• Some dreads on the head and the need will be fed.

• Its what ever make you comfortable it shouldn't matter what people think but but how you feel about it