Girls, how long do you take to get ready?

I have a natural look and apply little make up, I only take under 30 minutes to get ready and at times I can look great (without putting much effort).

I have heard some girls take up to two hours getting ready to go out,

So, girls how long do you take to get ready when going into a social atmosphere?

Guys: do you appreciate it if a woman takes forever getting ready to see you? Or do you think it is plain ridiculous?

Most Helpful Girl

• for school it takes about 5 min to wash my face and then a few extra to brush my teeth, 10-15 for makeup, and 5-10 for hair. sometimes I drag it out. I wash my hair at night so it doesn't take much effort in the morning..sometimes I only brush it out which takes about a minute, but if I iron it it takes 5-10. I can do my makeup in under 10 if I skip some steps or do a rushed/sloppier job but for it to look good it takes about 10-15..i think that's reasonable.

i do admit that if I am going out it can take me forever if I also have to shower, wash my hair and either wait for it to air dry or blow dry it nicely (that adds a good hour or more to my routine) and when I am going out at night I tend to drag out putting on my makeup..like I don't do it fast, stop in between, etc.

when I am getting ready to go out I make it fun, I listen to music, drag out the process, also I am likely wearing more makeup or more complicated makeup so it takes a big longer. but no I generally don't need two hours unless I'm showering and washing my hair, as long as my hair is dry I can be ready in 20 if I have to, or less.

What Guys Said 2

• Put it this way, if she's taking less time than I would, then we've got a problem. I don't take that long, myself

• wow this is sad I'm a guy and it takes me like an hour to get ready :)

• How is it sad? If a girl has natural beauty she shouldn't need much time to get ready.

What Girls Said 15

• Day to day, hanging out with friends going to uni etc. shower. Dry hair. Straighten. Make-up. Get dressed. Probably about 45 minutes. If I don't have to wash my hair or shower, then yeah like 20 tops, my make up hardly takes any time.

Going out clubbing or say a fancy meal or posh date, maybe an hour to an hour and a half. Howler. Dry my hair. Usually curl it which takes much longer than straightening. Then make-up which again takes long than everyday makeup.

But yeah ... The longest part of getting ready is definitely showering, and then sorting out my hair.

• I knew a girl who got up at 4AM in the morning to begin doing her hair and makeup and school started at...sh*t, 7:30AM? it's been a while. Guys thought she was hot. She was a typical beaner who died her hair blond so it was majorly damaged(probably why it took so long) but her makeup was flawless.

Anyways, under 15 minutes. I wet my hair(stick my head under shower), wash my face, apply moisturizer over my body. Then style my hair which involves putting coconut oil on it to detangle it then putting mousse on it. Then I apply my Missha BB cream, fill in my eyebrows(yes, I have eye brows but they're light and sparse) and apply blush and/or bronzer

Then I throw on a t shirt or sweatshirt, put on some leggings, put jewelry on and head out to classes.

For special occasions it depends. I've learned that my face is more about contouring than it is glitter & spice & everything nice. So my face routine is the same if I'm going out.

If I straighten my hair it takes me 45 minutes. But I usually flat iron my hair the day before a special event because my hair is easier to work with when it's 2nd day hair. So maybe 30 minutes...

• About 20 minutes if I shower the night before. Brush, change, tea, out of the house.

If I must, I can do it in 10 minutes.

Shower in the morning, 40 minutes.

I do a litte foundation and in car when sitting in traffic.

I have heard guys take longer than me.

• 2 hours? Wow really.That's a long time though.I won't take that long unless if I'm going to attend special occasion like dinner or wedding.Usually I take around 20-30 minutes to get ready (including my hair done).Sometimes it takes more if I had a bad hair day.

• I am make up freak so I like to spend lots of time applying make up, but that doesn't mean I put a lot of it! If I'm going to a party then I spend about 20 minutes doing my make up, 5 doing my hair, and about 5-10 to pick some clothes and put them on. But if it is just college or work it takes me about 10 min to do my make up, 2 to do my hair and 5 picking my outfit!

• On most days 5-10 minutes. I wake up 5 or 10 minutes before I have to leave the house because I value sleep too much. If I were to be going on a date or to a dance or some other formal event it could take me up to 30 minutes...but most of that would consist of trying tons of different outfits on. I shower at night and if I'm going to straighten my hair I always do that at night as well because with my hair it takes about 45 minutes.

• For school , it takes like 20 minutes. I wash my face, moisturize, makeup, brush my hair, get dressed, and eat.

For weekends it takes 45 :)

Haha I'm sure I look better on weekends, for the extra amount of time I put in it. I'm just not a morning person.

• Every single day,it takes me a minimum of an HOUR to get ready.No less.

For a date,partying functions,it takes me around an hour and fifteen to an hour and a half.

• Usually, I fish braid my hair to the side - 5 minutes.

Apply moisturizer on my face and mascara for my lashes (sometimes a bit of black or brown eyeliner).

Put on chap-stick and I'm ready.

All under 10 minutes.

It used to take me over 45 minutes to get ready because I applied foundation, concealer, color contacts, and eye shadow. Too much make up took up so much time and making sure it stays on too.

• Five to ten minutes on average per day, about half an hour when I'm about to go out.. I seem to be able to put on makeup that would take most people two hours in a very short amount of time :P

• It takes me around 15 minutes in my every day life at school, but when I go out it can take up to around 45 minutes. Usually I spend more time picking out clothes to wear than doing makeup.

• 15- 50 minutes.

50 minutes if I'm going somewhere (special event, club, dinner, etc).

• For school it only takes me 10 minutes to get ready if I don't straighten my hair and if I do it takes me 30 minutes ti get ready.

• Every day life, mostly around 15-20 minutes... :) (shower, hair & makeup and clothes).

If I'm going out for dinner or somewhere special, 30-40 minutes

• 30 minutes if I shower and blow dry my hair and get dressed.

If I've already showered 5 minutes.