Is it bad to look at fitspiration for inspiration?

Or is it still unrealistic to promote being fit as opposed to you know, being overweight and blaming hormones while claiming to be able to run marathons?

Fitspiration would be this:

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

Is that unhealthy too?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it could be good, it could be bad.

Its certainly better then looking at unhealthy models as being ideal.

Generally, perfectionism in all things is a 'bad' habit. So thinking that you must have a perfect body is a bad habit. In fact, thinking you need to be perfect results in some people doing unhealthy things, but results in even more people giving up because 'why bother since they will never look like that'. A 'more' healthy approach would be to recognize that your average 165 lb fat American woman would look a lot better at 150, even though she'd still be overweight given her height.

Its a much 'better' target, and will tend to encourage 'better' behaviors that what most women do.

I'd say better yet would be to focus on performance. If you try to run faster, further, jump higher, lift more, your body is likely to end up looking pretty damn good, and you're unlikely to do 'dumb' things because most dumb things tend to mess your body up and ruin performance.

What Guys Said 3

• No, Its about how you look at it, IF you become obsessive about staying in shape then its bad, but if its just a desire for a better lifestyle then no.

I kinda admire people's physique and compliment them on it, like for example: My stepfather is a Track Coach, He was always in decent shape, but then I look at his arms and say "Wow man, Your arms are huge, How do you get them?" .

In My opinion, that's perfectly fine, because you're trying to improve yourself. People today don't want to accept reality sometimes, IF you have someone who has a potbelly and they see an advertisement with a guy with a 6 pack, some people build up resentment towards people in shape.

In my family, the Males tend to be tall and have large upper body frames, Ironically, I'm the smallest in my family among the men yet I don't let it get to me, So its all about being mature instead of spiteful.

• I've never heard of fitspiration... Looking at these pictures mostly just makes me want to f***... It's all your own perception therefore I wouldn't say it's bad at all. If people are looking at these photos and becoming upset or negative it is their own problem and they have to get over it. That doesn't make the image negative or bad it just mean's they are negative thinking people.

Don't like it don't look at it.

• I absolutely love girls that look like that. Fit girls are hot to me. I got into fitness by being inspired by fit people. And it became one of my passions. So no, in my opinion, promoting fitness is perfectly fine and something I would do.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's wonderful for inspiration because it shows you what you can accomplish if you dedicate yourself. Seeing fit women is great because it makes being fit a realistic and achievable goal, and it's an exponentially more healthy option than looking at superthin models.

I look at fitso whenever I have a lazy day and don't want to go to the gym. It works for me. However, I think if you look at too much it's possible that you'll become obsessed with perfection and end up hurting your own self-esteem. But it's definitely helpful when used in moderation :)

• in a perfect world-no one would care about their looks or how they compare to others-but the world isn't perfect.and we like to compare ourselves,we like it when our looks match certain standards-and well if you're going to set standards-it's better to set those that say you should be healthy,strong and energetic-than malnourished,obese,or ''skinny at any cost''

• Why would it be bad?

• people say thinspiration is bad, even if the thinspiration isn't showing girls who are just skin and bones

• Not all perceive it that way...some perceive it as another set of standards women have to live up to

• well I mean if you just google that, you will get tons of pictures and they're all different. I sometimes look at pic like that too, but mine are very different from yours.

Everyone sets their own ideal, I see nothing wrong with that