Is makeup required for dressing up?

Do you feel make up is required for a women who is dressing up? Let's say for a clubbing or a wedding? just nice clothing enough? I feel like at least a little makeup is required for me to feel like I dressed up.

Most Helpful Girl

• absolutely!

for a wedding there is no question about it. clubbing is almost as necessary but wedding or anything formal you definitely need it.

no matter how beautiful a woman is, once she's over the age of oh sixteen or so she will look better with makeup on. no makeup is just kind of bare and sloppy even if you are very pretty. I feel like I am wearing socks and no shoes when I don't wear makeup

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, but the amount of makeup depends on the face. Some women need very minimal touch up while there are some, who, if they do not apply make they look like a dead woman getting a one day reprieve from the coffin.

As for weddings in particular, o course you would always need to look your best. And I don't mean this wedding stunts at the beach or in a park. I mean a proper formal reception in a hall.

• I'd say that it depends on your age to some degree...less or no make up required to "dress up" when you're younger.

• i have never seen a woman without makeup in a club or wedding or at any kind of social gathering.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but I think for most women it definitely helps to complete the look. I feel much more dressed up if I spend a little bit of time on my makeup, because obviously I spent some time on what I'm wearing. Even really minimal makeup like some tinted lip balm and a coat or two of mascara can make a huge difference and really make a girl look more 'finished' when she dresses for an occasion, I guess you could say. Granted, I don't always wear makeup even when I dress up, but for me it depends on the situation. A wedding, I'll at least do SOMETHING to make myself look more polished, but I may not feel the need just for going out [I don't really do clubs, a bar is more comfortable to me, and most bars I'd go to easily allow for casual wear OR dressing up].

• For a wedding, yes. Especially, if it's a formal affair and if you're part of the wedding party, etiquette requires that your hair and makeup are done. But, if you are going clubbing it's up to you whether you want to wear any makeup or not. When I go to the club I usually don't wear a lot of makeup because it can get hot and sweaty and crowded on the dance floor and my makeup runs or sweats off. So I just do my hair and wear a cute outfit, something sexy but comfortable.

• Yes. The idea of dressing up is to make yourself look even nicer than your everyday look. That's why you wear nice clothing, right? I think makeup is part of the package. But I'm guessing you're not used to wearing make up? Because if you are, you wouldn't be asking this question. So just wear the amount of makeup you're comfortable with, not too much. Just wear some makeup to accentuate your features: eyeliner and mascara that would make your eyes look more striking, a little blush to give a little color, and maybe concealer to cover some unwanted spots or dark circles. There are lots of tutorial videos on YouTube on the "no makeup" look.

• I'm actually a makeup junkie lol. I'm trying to go without wearing it for a while. But I never feel like I am. Dressed up without it. I wanted to see how much other people viewed makeup as part of dressing up

• Yup, it gives me confidence- even though I try to keep it minimal, it still gives that extra wow factor.