What do I wear to a gig?

So, I'm the guitarist of a post grunge/punk/metal band and I really don't know what to wear to a gig. I don't want to dress up too much as the last few gigs I was at none of the bands made much of an effort, but all of the members were male. I kind of want to catch the eye of a guy at the gig without dressing up too much and without looking too casual. Any ideas what I should wear? Oh, dresses and short things are out of the question because my guitar makes it look like I'm not wearing anythingon my legs if its too short, and I don't particularly want him to think I'm a whore so...

Thanks:)

Most Helpful Guy

• I cannot give you specific advice, as I am a guy in a pop/rock band (not metal/punk). But as a general rule, what you wear on stage should be a few notches above what you normally might wear out. You are the entertainment, so you should not just look like anyone else at the club.

That being said, if you are trying to catch the attention of the guy, showing skin never hurts, but how about making eye contact and smiling from stage? I've done that before and it worked. The girl was sneaking out of her friend's apartment to meet me later that night even though she was flying back to L.A. that morning...

What Guys Said 3

• never dress for a man. if he likes you, he'll like you for you...i would look at what some of your fav. bands wear to get sort of an idea of what you could wear. dresses don't HAVE to be short by the way.

By the way, what sort of bands DO you like?

I'm a metalhead myself

• He's not going to think you're a whore based on what you wear at a gig.

So look like a hot badass

• Sexy rock girl... Um tight leather pants?

What Girls Said 1

• Wear something you can move in and the key is practicality. Scoop necks are flattering on almost anyone and so are halters I would wear shorts with black tights on under neath (no fishnets). for make up, focus on how it will look in the lighting. If you have one, use a mirror that has day/ night settings and do your make up accordingly. When on stage, focus especially on your posture. I've had way too many times when I looked back on the tape of a performance and thought "oh god my posture!" it makes a big difference.