How to make lips look small(er)?

I have big/full lips(ON MY FACE) & I'd like to make them appear smaller...with makeup obviously

advice?

blahblahblah I don't really care if girls get injections to make them look big. that's great. But I want them smaller and for now making them look smaller will do

Most Helpful Guy

• Just wear a lip gloss or tint that's the same color as your facial skin.

A nude color.

You can barely tell this girl actually has pretty large-sized lips:

link

Even Kim Kardashian's lips looks smaller with nude color on them.

link

• I always thought people said nude makes lips look bigger

• They can make a girl with very small lips appear to have larger lips.

Because you can't quickly determine where the barrier around the lip is.

But with large lips like yours, it actually obfuscates in a different way, having the opposite effect.

What Guys Said 1

• not sure why you would want to change that. big sexy lips are well... sexy!

What Girls Said 9

• line them in a color closer to your skin color. some people use a little concealer. I've seen a lot of people do this on YouTube and it looks nice. They just focus some gloss in the center of the lips and the outer part fades and becomes less noticeable.

link

link

• First of all, look up make-up tricks and other ways to make them look bigger, then make sure not to do those things! hahah

Second of all, the Ulzzang style is one style that pushes small lips as being beautiful so I'm sure they have some tips.

link

The idea is to use less color on the outside and more on the inner most portion of the lips to make them seem a bit smaller.

• Not trying to be out of line here...but she explicitly says, "and your lips appear fuller" as part of the description/introduction to the look...

• Yes but if she is accidentally doing something that is supposed to make lips appear fuller then her lips will look even larger than they already are.

• Like what everyone is saying, use a nude color. Or if you don't want to use nude lip colors, use darker lip colors but don't put it on your entire lip.

Lucky you, my family has a long line of tiny lips. Big lips are beautiful and you should be proud of the way you look.

• Line the outer edges with a color close to your skin. Stick to matte products and basic chapsticks. Lip glosses reflect the light and make them look bigger. Also stick to colors close to your natural lip color and nude shades so they'll blend in with your face more than berry shades

• I would try using a neutral color on your lips and maybe a liner that matches your skin color to contour them in from the edges, but also drawing more attention to your eyes at the same time

• Matte nude or dark lipstick like plum. Don't wear lipgloss, it makes your lips appear full and pouty.

• apply foundation on your lips and shape your lips with a lip liner, draw the line right inside your natural lip line, and apply lipstick, try a darker colors make something look smaller and light colors makes it look bigger.

• what if you put concealer on your lips , then put a lipstick on the inner part of your lips. then they would look smaller. I just made this up. lol. don't know if it actually will work.

• Make up