Opinions on girls who wear a lot of black.

A friend was going on a date and she was suggested to wear clothes of a light color as opposed to dark. That's because they look more feminine / delicate I suppose.

I'm not into emo / goth style at all, and I don't think I look one, I simply prefer wearing dark colors (often wears black, shades of grey etc.) Sometimes I'll wear leather, often boots, and sometimes there might be some studds, but nothing grotesque.-looking. Is this something unattractive to guys? Won't change my style or ways, just asking out of curiosity.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here comes death! I tell all the old people around me to run

What Guys Said 4

• Love black outfits on girls, more than any other color.

• The style of clothing says more than the color. A lot of corporate wear is black or dark colored. I wear a lot of black too, my clothes are pretty 'normal', just in darker colors because I can never seem to keep whit clothes white for long.

• Yes black is more practical, plus black goes with everything, unlike other colors that can be difficult to pull off.

• Nothing wrong with it...you'll just attract the guys who like girls in black

• sounds hot (pun intended) :D

What Girls Said 4

• I think on a first date people want to give off a happy vibe, usually signified by colors like yellow and orange, but in all honesty, it's your personality that's going to win them over. if you want to wear black, do it! the happiness in your personality will shine through and that's what truly will make someone like you. You don't have to change yourself to meet other people's expectations and society's standards. It's cliche, but just be yourself! (:

• I love black , its my favorite color I'm kinda grunge but not that much a little bit softer , I think black is amazing and I wear it a lot because its cool and elegant and it also makes you look skinnier ha ha but that doesn't mean I don't try different colors :)

• you don't have to dress like an Easter egg but colors are nice.

• no it's more about the style. I wear a lot of black but no one ever thinks I'm goth and I do not have that type of style at all. I just love to wear black shirts because I like the contrast between the black and my hair (I lightened my hair recently to blond, it used to be a very light brown and the black made it look more dirty blond, and now that it's light the black really accentuates the blond color)

on a date I probably would add some color unless it's a black dress.