Do guys have low self esteme like girls can?

When guys ask "how do I look?" or send a picture are they wanting confirmation on how awesome they look? How should I respond to these?

Most Helpful Guy

• We're human are we not. I think generally speaking, men statistically have less self esteem and body image issues than women, but its not by as large a margin as most people think.

I think generally speaking this is a common misconception women make. They assume guys are like statues with no feelings or emotions. It's also why they don't seem to understand why guys aren't just walking up to them and every other girl in the room and asking them out in 5min flat, assuming they're guys, it should be easy and its what they do. They forget that we have emotions that fear and get hurt upon rejection.

So yes, there are definitely guys with low self-esteem that might seek gratification by fishing for compliments.

What Guys Said 10

• Guys can be just as neurotic as any girl. Don't kid yourself on this one. Women have not yet cornered the marked on insecurity and low self esteem. If a guy does this, just tell him how good he looks, maybe offer up some constructive criticism, if needed, but don't fluff his ego, and don't tear him down.

• I used to have terribly low self esteem.

I never did one of those "how do I look" things though. Mainly because I was terrified as to what I'd hear. I really thought I was disgusting.

If anything, don't respond to them. Some of them may have low self esteem, but I think most people doing that are wanting attention. Someone who truly has low self esteem doesn't want to hear an opinion in fear of it being bad.

• Keep in mind guys rarely ever get complimented on their looks like girls do so if a guy approaches a bunch of women and constantly gets turned down he'll obviously have low self esteem. We don't ever mention it like girls do. I don't think I've ever heard a guy say to his buddy, man I wish I wasn't so ugly.

• I can't speak for every guy, but In most cases I just send a picture because girls ask me for one. If I sent a photo it wouldn't be an attempt to get compliments, if anything, I'd just want to know how she sees me. It's an opportunity for her to open up and say what she feels.Some guys are vain and they like to show off their douchy ab pics and all that stuff to get attention. I'm sure they want someone to stroke their ego. Every guy does things for their own reasons.

• Usually guys with low self-esteem don't show off pictures of themselves.

• off course we do too, we also have insecurities because we often see the hunks and the "bad boys" getting all the girls.

• with honesty

• Yep. Low self confidence. Social anxiety. Probably never get a career because of it.

• yes both have . But a guy is p***y if he has low self esteem , but its OK for girls . I hate this world so much . I wish I wasn't ugly

• Aww that hurts me that you think that. Everybody is worthy has something wonderful to offer this world. Nobody is ugly, everybody is different and unique. Don't give up!

• Life gets so much better. Even if you're at the end of your rope just hold on. I was once where you are. I know it sucks. Send me a message if you would like. I would love to talk with you about anything. :)

• added you

• Of course. Girls today want people they see on shows like "The Bachelor" and whatever is hot on reality tv. Girls all feel like they deserve the hottest guys and break guys down for everything. So yes, it can get guys down.

• Yeah, and if they want the bachelor, they not only want handsome, hot, hunks, but they better be rich, too.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes they do.It just they don't make it noticeable than girls.Because guys aren't suppose to show any weak emotions.They are expected to appear confident and strong.

• of course. When it comes to insecurities about their looks, I think guys and girls arent's that much different. Girls maybe a little higher.

• Tell them how you think they look, but respond in a positive manner; as guys can be just as sensitive as girls even if they don't show it. Give them a positive feedback and if you have any suggestions for them let be done in a positive manner. (e.g "you look great but you know what I think would make you appear better _____")

at least that's how I would respond to it, but I think those guys who send you pics might be flirting with you.

• I think with guys, the ones who always need confirmation are the cocky ones.