Girls! Does height matter?

I am around 5"5 and I would say I am fit because I exercise and run.not to sound ignorant I am in high Skool so yeah...I'm not sure if I am good looking but I had a chance with a really cute girl but blew it I don't know if that says anything...but is height a big factor in dating...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a huge factor. Rather, let me phrase it this way: It only matters as much as you let it.

If you've got short-person issues (feelings of inferiority, self-esteem issues, a big ego to compensate) then yes, it will most-likely be a problem. No one likes going out w/a person like that no matter what their height is.

If that's not a problem for you because you have good self-esteem, then no. If a girl has such rigid height requirements (that you cannot meet) you wouldn't be happy with her anyway. Most girls like entertaining guys (w/a good personality) in any case, so as long as you're not boring as hell, you've got a chance.

What Girls Said 20

• Your height is not nearly as bad as your spelling of the word "school."

It's kind of a big factor. Girls don't usually want to date guys shorter than themselves. But since you're still in high school you'll probably grow more. I have a friend who graduated in 2012 at 5'8 and now he's 5'10.

• i don't care as long as the guy is taller...atleast enough for me to wear heels. most girls are shorter than 5'5" so you should be fine

• Not at all I like both.. if your taller than me cool if your same as me or shorter than me well I like that. :)

• It's not a huge factor but it's important to me. However, I wouldn't date a guy just because he's taller than me or dump him because he's not tall enough.

• Well luckily you're still growing and might not stay the height you are. I do think height factors into attractiveness and most girls like a guy that's taller than them to make them feel small and protected. High school is an awkward stage for guys, don't worry I'm sure you'll end up just fine in a few years!

• Only if you are really tall. When a guy is real tall, it scares me a little. For example, I am only 5'3", and I was working with a fellow recently who was 6'8", and when I stood next to him, and he would bend his elbows they would hit me on my shoulders, and it kind of freaked me out. I really prefer men who are shorter, it is not so scary for me. Don't get me wrong this fellow was a great guy, a gentle giant, but I found his height overwhelming.

• Doesn't matter. Though preference-wise, as long as you're taller than me, which you are, I'm cool with that.

• Im 5' 7 and I have liked a lot of guys that are as tall as you are. So no, I wouldn't think that your height matters. The only thing a girl worries is that if the guy feels bad about it

• Yeah it can be- for me personally I am 5''8' so I generally date taller guys but it really depends on how much I like the person, cause there have been a few that are shorter than me that I've really liked.

• no not really. I mean tall guys are cool but if your really good looking and fit then you shouldn't worry, unless the girl is completely vain. Girls, in my opinion, want a confident guy who treats her right and asks her out. The height isn't a big deal but what you say to the girl and how you behave - things like that.

• to be honest for some girls yes, but for some no. if you have a good personality and a all around good person then nothing matters.

• personality is what counts..

• When I was in 5th grade I was 5'5...imagine how tall I am now.

• Not at all...it's the personality that counts...

• Not to me. I'm 5'5" and I've dated men taller than me, guys my height, and guys a little shorter than me. Good people come in all sizes :-)

• yes,I like tall guys.

• As long as you're not shorter than me I'm ok

• That wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm only 5 ft tall, so as long as guy is taller than me, it's no big deal.

• go for the shorties and it won't be an issue! it shouldn't be a factor but subconscious biological things can take over sometimes and people can't help that they can be aware of it and work against it but like sexylove said if you have a fun personality and are a good person then it won't matter if someone feels that chemical reaction with you then she won't care about height. Not if she's worth keeping.

• Not really. Then again, I'm 4'10 so just about everyone is taller than me.

What Guys Said 0