A question for girls. Give your honest opinion on this description

Consider this scenario. A guy is ugly (or average looking, rather) and his height is just 5'7". But apart from his bad looks, he's just perfect in every other way. He doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs. Respects women a lot. Has a great sense of humor. Maintains good hygiene and keeps himself well groomed. Is really romantic. Doesn't go around flirting with random girls when he's in a relationship. So girls, if such a guy asks you out, would you reject him based solely on his average looks while ignoring loads of other positives about him? Please give your honest opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was reading this article on cracked that was the most eye opening thing I'd ever read concerning people. The author said that you are only as good as what you offer others. It can seem mean to think that way but it's true. Why are your friends your friends? Why are you their friends? It's because you guys offer each other something that you can't get/do yourselves. He gave the example of a wife whose husband had just been stabbed in the street and she was calling out for a doctor as a group of people gathered around. A man came forward and said that he'd give it a try. She asked if he had ever performed surgery and he said no but that he was really nice and helped his family all the time. She asked if he was even a doctor and he said no but he loved reading and treated all of his girlfriends well. Something like that. The point is, you can have qualities about yourself that are good but if you don't offer something that a girl is looking for, she will look elsewhere. There are plenty of average joe's with ethereal angels but that's because they gave the girl what she was looking for. Some girls want a loser who dreams of being a rock star but barely practices with his band and lives in his mom's basement at 30. Some girls want a decorated officer or even just a guy in a uniform. Some want a guy who's always too busy, some one that can be their sugar daddy and baby them and pay for things.

I think you give the girls too much control. You're in control as the guy, the hunter. Find your prey, figure out what will be good bait, let them grab the bait and then trap them. Or at least do some things that interest you so you can be appealing to girls who want a guy that does the things you do. Any guy can treat a girl well and be romantic and nice and straight edge and funny. What else can you offer that is unique?

What Girls Said 23

• So girls, if such a guy asks you out, would you reject him based solely on his average looks while ignoring loads of other positives about him?

Yes as most likely he approached me based solely on looks so it's even in my opinion to reject him based solely on looks. As well as I have no shortage of attractive guys with these positives so I see no reason to go for a guy I don't find attractive.

• Why are you ASSUMING that he approached you based on your looks?

• What if the guy is so crazy about the girl that he offers to undergo plastic surgery to improve his looks?

• For this gal that's a bit obsessive doormat behavior sprinkled with low self-worth and I'd be on the watch either a verbal rant of how I'm such a shallow b*tch or for a physically violent assault after I reject him.

• To be honest, if I wasn't attracted to him, then yes. I agree that it's shallow to judge people based on looks. That being said, if you are not attracted to somebody at all, it is difficult to be interested in them romantically.

However, keep in mind that everyone has a different definition of beauty. Somebody else mentioned how she thinks Taylor Lautner is ugly, and I don't think he's ugly per se, but I don't think he's that hot either (he's a butterface fosho). Many other people think he's gorgeous though. Same thing goes for everyone else. Some guys like the stick thin girls, some like the curvy slightly pudgy ones. Neither is better looking than the other.

Another thing to note is that sometimes, personality makes someone more attractive. I knew a guy who wasn't the hottest guy around, just average really, but I liked his personality so much that in my eyes he became really attractive. Even though he wasn't my type lookswise at all.

So yes, it sucks but looks do play a role. Attraction is important in a relationship and one of the main factor of attraction is looks. Think of how easily relationships go sour cause people stop having sex. Unfortunately, no one can deny that looks are important.

• I feel like a lot of guys look at you like you have 5 heads if you say that if a girl is fat/ugly but should still be gone out with by attractive/normal guys because she's amazing in every other way... And then they yell about being friend zoned by girls because they're perfect guys, just not "jerks" or "hot douche bags". Then again, this is going on where I'm from, and I'm not sure if it's the same in other areas. In my opinion, physical attraction has to be there. My mother always told me to never settle for less, and that advice is some of the best I've ever received. It's a shame that there are ugly guys who are all-around great people, but I personally cannot be in a relationship with someone I'm not attracted to. And I've tried, I've given guys chances, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe it works for other people. I would think you would subconsciously make up other reasons why you cannot stand this person after going out with the person if you think they're unattractive because deep down you're just not feeling... attracted.

• Just throwing it out there, I want a guy I can have a couple drinks with. Just because you do or don't do something doesn't make you "perfect in every other way" because no one is. I've fallen for "ugly" guys and found them to be extremely sexy for certain reasons that my friends didn't get and found "hot" guys undatable for the same reason. It's kind of shallow to assume that certain things make someone perfect for someone else when there are so many variables.

• I can't answer this question because it depends on the guy. "perfect in every other way" doesn't make sense to me because what's perfect for one person can be not appealing to someone else.

But looks and height are way way way less important than personality. Let me give you an example, my white buffalo was not according to most "handsome" he wasn't even a very nice guy or hygienic for that matter. But women loved him because he was passionate, creative, lively, unique, masculine and confident.

• Nope. I wouldn't if he were truly like that.

• No. I would definitely give him a chance. The issue isn't looks though, it's attraction. That's a huge factor, but I think it's possible to have attraction to someone because of their personality etc.

• I wouldn't be attracted to him at first because he is ugly and on the shorter side. I also prefer a social drinker. However if I got to know him lets say as a friend and found out he is funny and has a great personality, I may give him a chance. But he definitely wouldn't be first on my list with just his physical appearance.

• I'd rather date a tall average looking guy rather than a short very good looking guy.

Why? Because I'm simply not attracted to short guys at all, regardless of looks, body or face.

You tend to fall in love with those you spend your time with, therefore I wouldn't spend my time with someone I weren't attracted to, due to the fact that I COULD fall in love with him, because personality in the end wins! I'm just being honest here. It's not about looks, but rather about what YOU are attracted to.

If for example you're attracted to slim blondes with blue eyes, that doesn't mean you can't fall in love with a chubby brunette, but it's up to YOU if you want to spend the time with someone whom you are not initially attracted to.

and 5'7" to most girls is okay though, unless you're aiming at girls who are way out of your league, regardless of "if they think you're short or not".

• Perfect in every other way? Nah doubt it, everyone has problems their partner just overlooks or puts up with. Putting it simply I would reject a guy I had no attraction towards, what's the point? We should just be friends.

• Yes, I'd reject him because if I don't like his looks I can't date him no matter how good person he actually is because I have to be attracted to someone physically.

• In all honesty... this is what I've lived by for about two years now... : "A man should be handsome because he is loved, not loved just because he's handsome." girls get so hung up on the looks of somebody, instead of saying "wow, this person makes me really happy."

• I don't know. If I knew him, and therefore all of his good traits, I probably would. But if I didn't everything I knew about him would be his appearance, and then maybe I wouldn't. I don't know, it all depends on the situation, and beauty is individual.

• I would definitely think it twice. but like right now my crush isn't exactly good-looking. but he's all you described. except he does drink.

• I'd give him a chance.

Personality can make up a lot for looks.

• i'm only 5'2 so 5'7 isn't a problem for me. if I got to know you and like you, your personality would make you even more attractive to me. but I can't say I would immediately be attracted to you without seeing a picture or anything, I can't say that for anyone

• Sorry height is really important, not just to me but to a lot of girls... 6" is pretty much a basic requisite.

• You say that. But in my country, the average height of males is around 5'6", so I'm actual an inch above my country's average male height.

• Then I feel sorry for the females in your country =\

• Well Attraction is what matters.

It is not that they look good or have a good personality that brings a person to be in a relationship with someone.

If they are attracted to the person their relationship would be great- what they maybe attracted to is whatever suites them as persons. (everyone has there own tastes in music. :) )

Its sad if someone dates someone just because they are nice. if they are not attracted to that person in anyway their is no chemistry and the relationship would not work out. That's how people end up hurt and full of garbage. :)

• Yes attraction is imp...she will lose interest sooner or later

• It depends if he's my type. Average and ugly is different with everyone

Like Tyler launtr is ugly

Randy orton is hot imo

• Would you if there was an ugly/average woman in the same situation? I"m just being honest, If I don't find a guy physically attractive, it's not going anywhere romantically

• Of course, I'd be more than willing to date average looking girls. People who judge a person based on 'looks' are really really shallow. A person gets his looks from birth, and there's no way he/she can change it.

• proof that all girls care about is looks

• @adamfk Yes you're right. Girls don't mind being in a relationship with a hot guy even if he treats them like a doormat, whereas they promptly reject average looking guys. As for me, I ALWAYS prefer to dating average looking girls because they are usually very humble, sweet, caring and down to earth. I have dated both average looking and hot girls, but I definitely felt that average looking girls are much more comfortable to be with.

• You really have to realize , When dating it's all about attraction. The guy can be tall and good looking with a bad attitude . It's not about short or tall , It's two things who you're attracted to and how the person makes you feel. When they have looks that's a bonus.

• Are you willing to date girls who are nice, funny and also ugly? Or do you expect being nice and funny makes you eligible for a hot partner? That usually makes loads of difference.

• I think you'll find a nice girl and have a happy relationship, then. Most of us aren't attractive to everyone, so don't get hung up on a few rejections -- it happens to even really good looking people sometimes. For most of us average people, having the right mindset helps a lot. Good luck. The guys who really struggle are the ones who choose partners based soley on her looks and charm, but are lacking in these areas.

What Guys Said 4

• That guy needs to learn how to convey his good qualities when he interacts with the ladies (e.g. when he's asking them out). If he's been rejected, I doubt it's only because of his looks.

• If you can make a girl feel emotion and trigger attraction, it doesn't matter much if you're not perfect in every other way.

• are you wealthy, popular, athletic,and dress well? you have to be someone a girl is proud to be with. none of those things help with this. do you have a great body? why don;t you drink? drinking is a great way to socizlize.

• most girls are likely to put you... I mean that guy in the no category based on your looks before they get a chance to know you greatly diminishing your odds.

your chances are best with girls within your league.

• Then how come I see so many couples in which the man is really ugly but the woman is quite pretty? In those cases I guess the man has wagonloads of money to make the girl date him in spite of his bad looks.

• it could be money, especially if they're married (look at donald trump and his hot wife) or maybe she finds him attractive. I'm not saying there's zero chance of it happening with a more attractive girl, I'm just saying the odds are slim and your odds will be better with a girl in your league.