Is it wrong that I want a tall girl so that I could have tall kids?

Lately I've been thinking that I'd want a tall girl to start a family with so our kids would be tall (I'm tall too). Clearly things like attraction, personality and compatibility are more important, but this is something that would be a plus. This girl I know told me that kind of thinking was wrong and shallow (but she only dates tall guys even though she's quite short) so I wanted to hear your opinion? Is it really that wrong to consider how your kids would look like when looking for a partner?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm a girl and I'm tall. Almost 5'8". I've always liked tall guys, and still do, but recently I've become more attracted to average to tallish guys. Like 5'8"-6'. If I had kids with an average height guythen hopefully my kids wouldn't become too tall :p I was really insecure with my height up until about a year ago, so I guess that's my logic behind that.

You saying you wanting a tall girl doesn't seem shallow at all. It's just your own personal preference. Everyone has them; whether they admit them or not is their doing.

What Girls Said 8

• It's just biological.

We're biologically wired to seek mates that could potentially produced the most fit offspring; it's the same survival instinct as animals in the wild, and why male animals often fight each other to show their strength. It's also why short, fat, ugly people don't get laid as often.

So no, I don't think it's wrong.

• Not really. I want to marry a blue eyed guy so I can have green eyed kids (my eyes are a hazel/amber color so it works out). I won't exclusively date guys with blue eyes but blue are a preference. There's nothing wrong with thinking of your offspring when you date. That's what has made the human race as well as all animals strong over the generations.

• I had a gay friend who was looking for a pretty girl to have a kid with. ONLY pretty one's because he didn't want an ugly kid LOL. Which is stupid because even if you're both pretty, or both tall, sometimes they end up looking like your ugly aunt or short great grandfather lol. ANYWAY, I don't think it's wrong, it's YOUR life, do what makes YOU happy without hurting others in the process of course! :]! I don't think you're hurting anyone, unless you're in a serious relationship with someone who doesn't meet your sign off list and you cut it off with her only because she doesn't meet your requirements. In other words, only date those who qualify, if not you're an a**hole and making people develop feelings for you, whom you're not really interested in staying with.

• not at all

• Well I'm tall, and I always think about how tall my kids would be if I had kids with someone my height or taller. Its not wrong at all. I'm actually considering not even having kids for this simple fact that my kids would be absolutely doomed. Nothing wrong with thinking about your precious children.

• No, not at all

I want a tall partner for various reasons, but I definitely wouldn't want to have short male children. Short is OK and even preferred for females, but for males it's a no-no

• Of course not! There higher chances, especially if you're short yourself. I want a tall guy :)

• Well I'm 5"11...and I think tall kids are cute lol ...nah but your entitled to a preference if that's what you prefer...go for it :-D

What Guys Said 5

• Not wrong. it's just that no one has ever given me a legitimate reason for the almost deal breaker height requirements in the 21 century. If your kids are tall then what? What if there is genetic variation during meiosis leaving you with a short child?

• Not shallow, but I think you're going to have a tough time finding a girl because most want a guy taller than them

• Lol...you've got a lot to learn my friend.

• I'm the same way. It would be better to have tall children, they could be good at sports :D.

• Talent is talent, that doesn't necessarily come with size. :]!

• I'm really tall and I wish I was shorter sometimes. It sucks being tall at times because you can't fit into places everyone else can, and finding clothes and shoes sucks too. So I am indifferent about if I want my kids to be tall, but I don't think they have a choice in the matter lol.